Lock, Simon J
- Global Citizenship
- Dissemination, Engagement & Impact
Dr Simon J Lock is a Lecturer in the Department of Science and
Technology Studies at University College London. His research focuses on the governance of science, particularly the historical, sociological
and policy-related questions around the public dimensions of science and technology.
> simon.lock (at) ucl.ac.uk
> 020 7679 3763
> 22 Gordon Square, room 1.2
Dissemination, Engagement & Impact
Engaging with both academic and non-academic audiences is an important aspect of Simon’s work. He has over the past several years worked hard to bring academic research to new audiences, and also work with policy-makers and businesses.
- Simon was co-chair for the 7th Annual Science in Public conference at UCL in July 2012. Go to the website for more details.
- 'Going Low-Carbon: The governance of climate change technologies', UCL Public Policy/Laws Panel debate, December 2011 (summary of event)
- In October 2011 Simon made his comedy stand-up debut at UCL's Bright Club 'Humanities'
- 'Lost in Translation? Discourses of public engagement and legitimacy in the UK', Science and the Public Conference, Kingston University, July 2011 (abstract)
- 'Let's not lose the radical potential of public engagement', UCL Public Engagement Symposium, June 2011 (event link)
Click on the links below for further details of Simon’s dissemination, engagement and impact work.
Page last modified on 14 sep 12 17:46 by Simon J Lock