- phd supervision
- Brown Dog
- Bryan's Last Message
- Crystal Palace dinosaurs
- Darwin's Expressions
- Descended from Darwin
- Euston Grove
- Rebuilding the Euston Arch
- Bourne's Drawings of the London and Birmingham Railway (1839)
- Wallis's Guides. 1813-1841
- Euston Grove. nos. 1 and 2. East side of street
- Euston Grove. 1898-99. Viewed in Booth's map
- Euston Grove. 1840
- Evolution: A Journal of Nature
- Exploring the Borderlands
- Fitzroy in Norwood
- Robert Grant Lecture
- No Ordinary Space
- About 22 Gordon Sq
- Huxley's quote: "how stupid"
- Jokes in science
- Where is Piltdown?
- Sloan interviews
- oral history workshop
- voices project
- film nights
Head of Department, and
Professor of History and Philosophy of Biology
Prof Cain's research interests include the history of evolutionary studies (especially the synthesis period in evolutionary studies), Darwin and Darwinism, history of science in London, and history of natural history.
Publications via UCL's IRIS service (link)
0207 679 3041 (UK)
UCL location (map)Follow me on Academia.edu
Euston Grove. nos. 1 and 2. East side of street
These give some impression of the view from Euston Road. Sorry for the poor quality.
of London - v21 plate 68b - Euston Grove East Side (detail)
Below. Survey of London - v21 plate 68a - Euston Grove East Side
Location on 1878 map - link.
Page last modified on 04 aug 10 07:54 by Joe Cain
Professor Joe Cain
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies