JBS Haldane Memorial Lectures
We launched the STS JBS Haldane Memorial Lectures in 2014 in honour of UCL Professor JBS Haldane, a polymath not only in the life sciences but also in science communication and science policy. We aim to hold Haldane Lectures each academic year, rotating through our different research clusters.
These talks are free to attend and open to the academic community. See the STS events calendar for upcoming talks in the series (link). Haldane Lectures normally are published as part of the STS Occasional Papers series (link).
Previous JBS Haldane Memorial Lectures
- Professor Trevor Pinch (June 2018)
- Professor Ludmilla Jordanova (March 2017). "Institutions, Identities and Historical Practices in Science and Medicine."
- Professor Maja Horst (May 2016). "Reframing Science Communication - Culture, Identity and Organizations"
- Professor Helen Longino (March 2016). "Underdetermination in Science: A Dirty Little Secret?"
- Professor Sheila Jasanoff (March 2015). "The Constitutional Place of Science"
- Professor Simon Schaffer (November 2014). "Mutability, mobility and meteorites: on some material cultures of the sciences"
About the Haldane image