Statistical modelling of ozone and climate, uncertainty quantification of geophysical models
Dr. Serge Guillas, supported by a Leverhulme Trust Research Fellowship (January 2011- December 2012) on "stratospheric ozone and climate change" and various grants from NERC and EPSRC.
- Theodoros Mathikolonis (2015-), supported by EPSRC
- Maryam Ilyas (2014-), supported by Pakistan and the UCL ORS scheme
- Xiaoyu Liu (2012-2016), supported by the Chinese Scholarship Council and the Dean's prize, now postdoc at Imperial College; 2015 Costas Goutis Prize
- Ah Yeon Park (2011-2014), supported by the Kwanjeong Educational Foundation, Republic of Korea, now postdoc at Cambridge University. Winner of the 2013 Costas Goutis Prize, Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences (MAPS) 2014 Postgraduate Research Prize
- Kai-Lan Chang (2011-2015), supported by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan; 2014 Costas Goutis Prize.
- Farha Al-Kuwari, supported by the Higher Education Institute, Qatar
- Andria Sarri (2010-2015), supported by the UCL Institute for Risk & Disaster Reduction
- Joakim Beck (2009-2014) supported by EPSRC
- Nina Glover, supported by EPSRC
Additional support from PASCAL2 (Pattern Analysis, Statistical Modelling and Computational
Learning), a Network of Excellence funded by the European Union, through the Harvest project: "Uncertainty Quantification Pipeline for Climate Models".
This enabled month-long invitations of experts from:
- University of Texas at Austin, USA (Michael Tobis, Charles Jackson)
- Illinois Institute of Technology at Chicago, USA (Lulu Kang)
- Carroll University in Wisconsin, USA (Christopher Kuster)
- US Naval Postgraduate School, USA (Robin Tokmakian)
- Research institute INRIA in France (Vivien Mallet)
These experts collaborated with UCL researchers and together took advantage of UCL's High Performance Computing resources for their simulations. This led to the release of efficient open-source code for uncertainty quantification of complex computer models.
A dedicated workshop on 29 June 2012:
3-D visualization of tsunami modelling.