Professor Patrick Wolfe
Professor of Statistics
Honorary Professor of Computer Science
Royal Society Research Fellow
|Phone (external)||(+44 or 0) 207 679 1872|
|Themes||Multivariate and High Dimensional Data, Stochastic Modelling and Time Series|
Patrick J. Wolfe is Professor of Statistics and Honorary Professor of Computer Science at University College London, where he is a member of the Department's Senior Management Team and a Royal Society Research Fellow. From 2001-2004 he held a
Fellowship and College Lectureship in Engineering and Computer Science at Cambridge University, where
he completed his PhD in 2003. Prior to joining UCL he was Assistant (2004-2008) and Associate
(2008-2011) Professor at Harvard University. He serves on the Research Section Committee of the Royal Statistical Society, and on the editorial boards of Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis and the IEEE's Signal
Modelling and inference for graphs and networks; statistical imaging and image processing;
time series and time-frequency analysis; audio signal processing and acoustic modelling.
- D. S. Choi and P. J. Wolfe, "Co-clustering separately exchangeable network data" (arXiv:1212.4093).
- S. C. Olhede and P. J. Wolfe, "What is a degree distribution" (arXiv:1211.6537).
- S. C. Olhede and P. J. Wolfe, "Order statistics of observed network degrees" (arXiv:1210.4377).
- P. O. Perry and P. J. Wolfe, "Null models for network data" (arXiv:1201.5871).
- P. O. Perry and P. J. Wolfe, "Point process modelling for directed interaction networks," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, in press (arXiv:1011.1703).
- D. Mehta, D. Rudoy, and P. J. Wolfe, "Kalman-based autoregressive moving average modeling and inference for formant and antiformant tracking," Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 32, pp. 1732-1746, 2012 (arXiv:1107.0076).
- D. S. Choi, P. J. Wolfe, and E. O. Airoldi, "Stochastic blockmodels with growing number of classes," Biometrika, vol. 99, pp. 273-284, 2012 (arXiv:1011.4644).
- K. Hirakawa and P. J. Wolfe, "Skellam shrinkage: Wavelet-based intensity estimation for inhomogeneous Poisson data," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 58, pp. 1080-1093, 2012 (arXiv:0905.3217).
- F. Luisier, T. Blu, and P. J. Wolfe, "A CURE for noisy magnetic resonance images: Chi-square unbiased risk estimation," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 21, pp. 3454-3466, 2012 (arXiv:1106.2848).
- D. Rudoy, T. F. Quatieri, and P. J. Wolfe, "Time-varying autoregressions in speech: Detection theory and applications," IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, vol. 19, pp. 977-989, 2011 (arXiv:0911.1697).
- D. Rudoy, S. G. Yuen, R. D. Howe, and P. J. Wolfe, "Bayesian changepoint analysis for atomic force microscopy and soft material indentation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C, vol. 59, pp. 573-593, 2010 (arXiv:0909.5438).
- D. Rudoy, P. Basu, and P. J. Wolfe, "Superposition frames for adaptive time-frequency analysis and fast reconstruction," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 58, pp. 2581-2596, 2010 (arXiv:0906.5202).
- M.-A. Belabbas and P. J. Wolfe, "Spectral methods in machine learning and new strategies for very large datasets," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, vol. 106, pp. 369-374, 2009 (10.1073/PNAS.0810600105).
- K. Hirakawa and P. J. Wolfe, "Spatio-spectral color filter array design for optimal image recovery," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, pp. 1876-1890, 2008 (10.1109/TIP.2008.2002164).
Page last modified on 18 dec 12 01:26