|Themes||Computational Statistics, Multivariate and High Dimensional Data|
Joakim Beck is currently a Research Associate (April 2013-) in the Department of Statistical Science and UCL Institute of Risk and Disaster Reduction. Joakim obtained a MSc in Engineering Physics, at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in 2009, and he is close to completion of a PhD in Chemical Engineering, at UCL.
Joakim's research interests are mainly in the development, analysis, and application of statistical and numerical methods for uncertainty quantification of complex computer models. In particular in the design of computer experiments, statistical emulation, and the development of numerical methods for PDEs with random input data.
- Beck, J. H., Nobile, F., Tamellini, L., Tempone, R. (2013). Convergence of quasi-optimal Stochastic Galerkin Methods for a class of PDES with random coefficients. Computers & Mathematics with Applications [Accepted]
- Brown, S., Mahgerefteh, H., Beck, J., Fraga, E. S. (2013). Global sensitivity analysis of the impact of impurities on CO pipeline failure. Reliability Engineering and System Safety 115, 43-54 doi:10.1016/j.ress.2013.02.006.
- Beck, J., Friedrich, D., Brandani, S., Guillas, S., Fraga, E. S. (2012). Surrogate based Optimisation for Design of Pressure Swing Adsorption Systems. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. ( Vol. 30 pp.1217-1221). Amsterdam, The Netherlands Elsevier.
- Beck, J., Nobile, F., Tamellini, L., Tempone, R. (2012). ON THE OPTIMAL POLYNOMIAL APPROXIMATION OF STOCHASTIC PDES BY GALERKIN AND COLLOCATION METHODS. Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences (M3AS) 22(9), 1250023
- Bäck, J., Nobile, F., Tamellini, L., Tempone, R. (2011). Stochastic Spectral Galerkin and Collocation Methods for PDEs with Random Coefficients: A Numerical Comparison. Spectral and High Order Methods for Partial Differential Equations. ( Vol. 76 pp.43-62). Berlin Heidelberg Springer-Verlag.
- Beck, J., Nobile, F., Tamellini, L., Tempone, R. (2011). Implementation of optimal Galerkin and collocation approximations of PDEs with random coefficients. ESAIM Proceedings. ( Vol. 33 pp.10-21). EDP Sciences.
Page last modified on 10 jun 13 13:30