Dr Christian Hennig
|Position||Senior Lecturer in Statistics|
|Phone (external)||+44(0)20 7679 1698|
|Themes||Multivariate and High Dimensional Data, General Theory and Methodology, Computational Statistics|
Christian is a senior lecturer in Statistics at UCL since 2005. He studied Mathematics
in Hamburg and Statistics in Dortmund. He got his Dr. rer. nat. (PhD)
at the University of Hamburg in 1997 for a thesis on clusterwise linear
regression and a habilitation in 2005 on cluster validation and the principle
of asymmetry in cluster analysis. After having obtained his PhD, he worked
as research assistant and lecturer at the University of Hamburg and ETH
Zuerich. He acted as a statistical advisor for more than 100 clients.
Cluster analysis, robust statistics, multivariate data analysis and data
visualisation, philosophy of probability, statistics and data analysis.
- Hennig C (2010) Methods for merging Gaussian mixture components. Advances in Data Analysis and Classification 4, 3-34.
- Hennig C (2010) Mathematical Models and Reality: A Constructivist Perspective. Foundations of Science 15, 29-48.
- Hennig C (2008) Dissolution point and isolation robustness: robustness criteria for general cluster analysis methods. Journal of Multivariate Analysis 99, 1154-1176.
- Hennig, C (2007) Cluster-wise assessment of cluster stability. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 52, 258-271.
- Hennig C, Hausdorf B (2006) A robust distance coefficient between distribution areas incorporating geographic distances. Systematic Biology 55, 170-175.
- Hennig, C (2004) Asymmetric linear dimension reduction for classification. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics 13, 930-945.
- Hennig, C (2004) Breakdown points for maximum likelihood-estimators of location-scale mixtures. Annals of Statistics 32, 1313-1340.
- Hausdorf, B and Hennig, C (2003) Biotic Element Analysis in Biogeography. Systematic Biology 52, 717-723.
- Hennig, C (1999) Identifiability of Models for Clusterwise Linear Regression. Journal of Classification 17, 273-296.
Page last modified on 05 dec 12 17:21