Dr Chiara Ambrosino
|Themes||Stochastic Modelling and Time Series|
Chiara Ambrosino is a Research Associate in the Department of Statistical Science at UCL since February 2011, working with Dr. Richard E. Chandler.
Prior to this she did a PhD in the Department of Geography, UCL, investigating the rainfall variability in Southern Africa and statistical downscaling techniques for rainfall and its implications in agriculture.
Climate impacts on hydrology and agriculture, statistical climatology, stochastic modelling.
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E and Todd, M.C., 2012: Growing season characteristics under a future climate scenario in the Sekhukhune District (South Africa). In preparation.
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E, 2012: A nonparametric approach to the removal of documented inhomogeneities in climate time series. JAMC, In publication.
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E and Todd, M.C., 2012: Rainfall-derived growing season characteristics for agricultural climate impact assessments in South Africa. In review.
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E and Todd, M.C., 2011: Southern African monthly rainfall variability: an analysis based on generalised linear models. J.Clim, 24, 4600-4617.
- Todd, M.C. and Andersson, L. and Ambrosino, C. and Hughes, D. and Kniveton, D. and Mileham, L. and Murray-Hudson, M. and Raghavan, S. and Taylor, R.G. and Wolski, P., 2010. Climate change impacts on hydrology in Africa: Case studies of river basin water resources. In: African Climate and Climate Change: Physical, Social and Political Perspectives, edited by C. Williams and D. Kniveton. Springer.
Selected conference papers
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E and Todd, M.C., 2012: Rainfall variability and implications for the agricultural sector in the Limpopo District, 10th ICSHMO, Noumea, New Caledonia, 23-27 April, 2012.
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E., 2012: A multi-site, sub-daily weather generator for hydrological applications. International Conference on End Users Needs for Regional Climate Change Scenarios, Kiel, Germany, March 7-9, 2012.
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E and Todd, M.C., 2010: Analysis of the controls of rainfall variability in southern Africa based on generalized linear models. IPC10 International Precipitation Conference, Coimbra, Portugal, June 23-25, 2010.
- Ambrosino, C.and Chandler, R.E and Todd, M.C., 2010: A stochastic model for southern African rainfall variability. Water 2010 Conference. Quebec City, Canada, July 5-7, 2010.
- Ambrosino, C. and Chandler, R.E and Todd, M.C., 2010: Controls of rainfall variability on Southern Africa: an analysis based on generalized linear model. 11th International Meeting on Statistical Climatology, Edinburgh, Scotland, July 12-16, 2010.
Page last modified on 14 dec 12 11:20