UCL Partners Biostatistics Network Symposium "Contemporary Statistical Methods in Medical Research"
You are warmly invited to attend the First Biostatistics Network Symposium on Contemporary Statistical Methods for Medical Research, which will take place on Thursday 15 September 2011 in the JZ Young Lecture Theatre.
All are welcome, but registration is required, with a £15 fee for non-UCL members to cover for coffee and lunch. Please notice that there are no more places.
Here is the
9:30 - 9.45: Welcome and introduction, Dr. Rumana Omar, UCL Statistical Science and Head of the Biostatistics Group, Joint Biomedical Research Unit.
9:45 - 11.15: Session 1 Statistical Methods for Missing Data
- Chair: Dr. Mario Cortina Borja (UCL Institute of Child Health)
- 9.45-10.45: Prof. Mike Kenward (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine) - Handling drop out and withdrawal in clinical trials
- 10.45-11.15: Baptiste Leurent (UCL/PRIMENT CTU) - Multivariate models for multiple correlated outcomes with missing data
11.15 pm - 11.45 pm: Coffee break
11:45-1:15 pm: Session 2 Recent Development in Clinical Trials Methodology
- Chair: Prof. Allan Hackshaw (Deputy Director, UCL Cancer Trial Centre)
- 11.45-12.45: Prof. Stephen Senn (University of Glasgow) - Pharmacogenetics: new dawn or false dawn?
- 12.45-1.15pm: Dr. Gillian Lancaster (Lancaster University) - Trials in primary care: design, conduct and evaluation of complex interventions
1.15 pm - 2.30 pm: Lunch
2.30 pm - 4.00 pm: Session 3 Statistical Issues in Health Economic Evaluation
- Chair: Prof. Nick Freemantle (UCL Population Health and Primary Care)
- 2.30pm-3.30pm: Prof. Simon Thompson (University of Cambridge) - Addressing structural uncertainty in health economic models
- 3.30pm-4.00pm: Dr. Gianluca Baio (UCL Statistical Science) - Expected value of information for the application of cost-effectiveness analysis in regulatory processes
Contact details: Dr Gianluca Baio