- Massive Star Binary Systems
- Molecular Studies of Extragalactic Star Formation
- Molecular Studies of Galactic Star Formation and the ISM
- The Universe's Prolific Recyclers
- Dust produced in Supernovae: SN 2008S
- Starbursts and Galaxy Evolution
- Planetary Nebulae
- Debris Disks around Young Stars
Herschel HIFI Studies of Star Formation
This program aims at obtaining a comprehensive set of water observations towards a large sample of protostars, covering a wide range of masses and luminosities -from the lowest to the highest mass protostars-, and a large range of evolutionary stages -from the first stages represented by the pre-stellar cores to the last stages represented by the pre-main sequence
stars surrounded only by their protostellar disks.
This program will provide the community with a coherent study of the line spectra in the HIFI frequency range (500-2000GHz) of star forming regions as a function of mass and evolution. The main goals of the program are: i) to guide future observations with Herschel ii) to provide a legacy database for the use of the general astronomy community.
For more information please contact Serena Viti.
Page last modified on 16 jul 10 14:54 by Fabrizio Sidoli