UCL Astrophysics Group
- Contact Us
- Astrophysics Seminars
- Departmental Events
- Research Topics
- Undergraduate Studies
- PhD Admissions
- University College London Observatory
- Astrophysics Wiki Pages
- Vacancies page
- Group Support and Policies
After a very competitive selection process, UCL has been chosen by STFC to host the Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Data Intensive Science (DIS) and Technologies, the first CDT funded by STFC.
The Kathleen Lonsdale Building (KLB) is being refurbished and will provide a new space for the Rock Room museum, which will display the UCL geology collections to the public. The refurbishment is part of the Transforming UCL programme which will see an overall investment into the UCL estate of £1.2 billion over a 10 year period. More...
In September, Professor Nikolaos Konstantinidis, Vice-Dean (International) for the UCL Mathematical & Physical Sciences Faculty, headed a visit to China to meet some of the top academic institutions.
A team of scientists at UCL, led by Professor Peter Barker and Professor Tania Monteiro have taken another big step forward towards cooling a macroscopic object into the quantum regime. The team "levitated" silica particles of almost half a micrometre diameter in the light field of an optical cavity and succeeded in cooling them, using laser light by a factor of up to one hundred thousand, from room temperature. More...
Welcome to the research pages of the Astrophysics Group. The main research topics are listed in the left-hand menu, incorporating the following sub-groups:
- Astronomical Instrumentation (Optical Science Laboratory)
- (Exo)Planetary Systems
- Stars, Star Formation and Galaxy Evolution
In addition, we are linked to:
We also work closely with the following groups at UCL:
- Atomic, Molecular, Optical and Positron Physics (AMOPP)
- Centre for Cosmic Chemistry & Physics
- Mullard Space Science Labs (Space and Climate Physics & Astronomical Detectors) (MSSL)
- Planetary Geology
- Theoretical Atomic and Molecular Physics and Astrophysics (TAMPA)
- Centre for Planetary Science (CPS)
Page last modified on 20 apr 16 09:44 by Kajal H Nakum