Scientists on the Dark Energy Survey have released the first in a series of dark matter maps of the cosmos.
Astronomer Richard Ellis is to join UCL's Department of Physics & Astronomy as Professor of Astrophysics. More...
New maps from ESA's Planck satellite, forming the second major data release (February 2015) from the project, have unveiled the polarised light from the early Universe across the entire sky, revealing that the first stars formed much later than previously thought. More...
It is with great regret that we must announce the death of Dr William (Bill) M. Glencross. More...
Welcome to the research pages of the Astrophysics Group. The main research topics are listed in the left-hand menu, incorporating the following sub-groups:
- Astronomical Instrumentation (Optical Science Laboratory)
- (Exo)Planetary Systems
- Stars, Star Formation and Galaxy Evolution
In addition, we are linked to:
We also work closely with the following groups at UCL:
- Atomic, Molecular, Optical and Positron Physics (AMOPP)
- Centre for Cosmic Chemistry & Physics
- Mullard Space Science Labs (Space and Climate Physics & Astronomical Detectors) (MSSL)
- Planetary Geology
- Theoretical Atomic and Molecular Physics and Astrophysics (TAMPA)
- Centre for Planetary Science (CPS)
Page last modified on 30 jul 13 09:51 by Alexandra N D Fanghanel