SSEES News Publication
- East European Language Trails website launched
- SSEES Centenary Year
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
- SSEES MA Student Offered Wolfson Scholarship
- PhD Awarded
- Third Central Europe Symposium
- Third Central Europe Symposium Videos
- PhD Success
- PhD Minorities
- Scouloudi Fellowship
- Golden Bull of Hungary
- Transition Economics Meets New Structural Economics
- Leverhulme Network Grant Awarded to SSEES Academic
- Economics PhD Awarded
- Found in Translation Award 2015
- SSEES at the Leeds International Medieval Congress
World Cup Guru App
17 June 2014
A brand new World Cup app, created by SSEES student.....
Just in time for the opening match of the World Cup 2014, SSEES student Daniel Hakimian created a ‘World Cup Guru’ app which allows football fans to compete by predicting the outcome of each game, the winner being the ‘guru’ who makes the most correct predictions.
Danny, who has just finished his final year in BA Economics and Business with East European Studies, spent one term in Moscow and another in Beijing. The idea for the app developed from a discussion with his brother-in-law about the Premier League football. Since then he has received “incredibly good feedback from people who played the app at the end of the Premier League season”.
The result has been that there is now a team of four who work together in the Hatchery – the shared workspace for start-up businesses provided by UCL Advances.
Danny’s aim is to get 250,000 downloads by the end of the final World Cup match on 13 July. Speaking of his entrepreneurship, he said, “I just want to create products that people truly love to use”.
Read more about Danny in an interview with HuffPost UK.
Page last modified on 28 nov 14 14:51