SSEES News Publication
- Call for papers: The Politics of Teaching and Learning Languages
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Innovative Learning
- AHRC PhD studentships in Russian, Slavonic & East European Languages and Culture
- Passionate Politics
- Hayley Davis Prize 2014
- Platform Ukraine
- PhD Awarded
- SSEES 100 Event Live
- Triple Helix 2014
- Romanian Parliamentary Visit
- PhD Thesis
- University of Granada
- The 1989 Romanian Revolution
- SSEES Academic on Putin’s Speech
- Prize Winning SSEES Students
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
- Award for Geoffrey Hosking
- East European Language Trails website launched
- PhD in History
- Welcome New Research Staff
- Research Grant for Tomáš Cvrcek
- Tadeusz Konwicki
- SSEES Centenary Year
- PhD Award
World Cup Guru App
17 June 2014
A brand new World Cup app, created by SSEES student.....
Just in time for the opening match of the World Cup 2014, SSEES student Daniel Hakimian created a ‘World Cup Guru’ app which allows football fans to compete by predicting the outcome of each game, the winner being the ‘guru’ who makes the most correct predictions.
Danny, who has just finished his final year in BA Economics and Business with East European Studies, spent one term in Moscow and another in Beijing. The idea for the app developed from a discussion with his brother-in-law about the Premier League football. Since then he has received “incredibly good feedback from people who played the app at the end of the Premier League season”.
The result has been that there is now a team of four who work together in the Hatchery – the shared workspace for start-up businesses provided by UCL Advances.
Danny’s aim is to get 250,000 downloads by the end of the final World Cup match on 13 July. Speaking of his entrepreneurship, he said, “I just want to create products that people truly love to use”.
Read more about Danny in an interview with HuffPost UK.