SSEES News Publication
- Call for papers: The Politics of Teaching and Learning Languages
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Innovative Learning
- AHRC PhD studentships in Russian, Slavonic & East European Languages and Culture
- Passionate Politics
- Hayley Davis Prize 2014
- Platform Ukraine
- PhD Awarded
- SSEES 100 Event Live
- Triple Helix 2014
- Romanian Parliamentary Visit
- PhD Thesis
- University of Granada
- The 1989 Romanian Revolution
- SSEES Academic on Putin’s Speech
- Prize Winning SSEES Students
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
- Award for Geoffrey Hosking
- East European Language Trails website launched
- PhD in History
- Welcome New Research Staff
- Research Grant for Tomáš Cvrcek
- Tadeusz Konwicki
- SSEES Centenary Year
- PhD Award
The Big Easter Switch Off
14 April 2014
SSEES is participating in UCL's Big Easter Switch Off!
During the holidays, The Big Easter Switch Off is happening across UCL. It’s all about saving energy by switching off the things we’re not using.
After all, one light left on for the duration of the holidays could create around 7kg of CO2 (that’s the weight of nearly 200 Creme Eggs).
Make the pledge
The department or division with the highest proportion of their staff pledging to be part of the Big Switch Off will be crowned the Big Switch Off champions (and win some great Fairtrade prizes).
To be in with a chance, make sure to sign the pledge yourself and then share with your department.
Want to do more to promote the switch off?
See the full range of tips, checklists and resources to help you safely switch off (and promote your involvement):