SSEES News Publication
- Call for papers: The Politics of Teaching and Learning Languages
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Innovative Learning
- AHRC PhD studentships in Russian, Slavonic & East European Languages and Culture
- Passionate Politics
- Hayley Davis Prize 2014
- Platform Ukraine
- PhD Awarded
- SSEES 100 Event Live
- Triple Helix 2014
- Romanian Parliamentary Visit
- PhD Thesis
- University of Granada
- The 1989 Romanian Revolution
- SSEES Academic on Putin’s Speech
- Prize Winning SSEES Students
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
- Award for Geoffrey Hosking
- East European Language Trails website launched
- PhD in History
- Welcome New Research Staff
- Research Grant for Tomáš Cvrcek
- Tadeusz Konwicki
- SSEES Centenary Year
- PhD Award
Storming the Winter Palace: A Party of the Russian and East European Languages and Culture programme
26 November 2013
On 14 December the UCL SSEES Russian and East European Languages and Culture Programme enjoyed a successful party, attended by 120 students and staff, in the Flaxman Gallery and under the main Portico of UCL.
In this dramatic and glamorous venue the party was themed around ‘Russian and East European London’ which included a photographic competition. The competition entries, all by staff and students, were on show during the party. The prize winners were Elisabeth Gheorghe, Guo Mo, and Richard Morgan.
Special thanks are due to SSEES, the generous sponsor of our party, to Scott Foulon, of the Main Library, for assisting us throughout with organisational matters, to Tom Chute for the captivating design of our poster, and to the 'Sourced Market' who supplied the wonderful wine, cheese and bread. It was taken as a complement to the party that it was mistaken for a gourmet cheese tasting event by a student who passed by!
A photo-essay based on the submissions will be published on the SSEES Research Blog.