SSEES News Publication
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
- Award for Geoffrey Hosking
- East European Language Trails website launched
- PhD in History
- Welcome New Research Staff
- Research Grant for Tomáš Cvrcek
- Tadeusz Konwicki
- SSEES Centenary Year
- PhD Award
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Doctorate Awarded
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
SSEES Lecturer at Peking University
17 December 2013
In early December, Daniel Siemens, DAAD Francis L. Carsten Lecturer for Modern German History at SSEES, was a guest of Peking University (PKU).
He gave a lecture and a seminar as part of this year’s course in European Studies for Master’s and PhD students, organised in collaboration with the European University Centre (EUC), Peking University’s School of Government and the Centre for European Studies at Peking University. ‘
Daniel said ‘This was a short, but very rewarding experience. I was really impressed by the students. We had some very good discussions that continued after the classes.’ Daniel also met with Prof Li Wei from the History Department of PKU and offered some counselling sessions to prospective students. ‘The students I talk to were passionate about UCL and eager to come here, at least for a year or two,’ he said.
Peking University, founded in 1898, is one of the two most prestigious universities in China. Its students have actively participated in several reform movements since the 1920s.