SSEES News Publication
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
- Award for Geoffrey Hosking
- East European Language Trails website launched
- PhD in History
- Welcome New Research Staff
- Research Grant for Tomáš Cvrcek
- Tadeusz Konwicki
- SSEES Centenary Year
- PhD Award
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Doctorate Awarded
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
Retirement of Robin Aizlewood
11 October 2013
Last Friday SSEES gave a formal farewell to Robin Aizlewood, Director of SSEES since 2006, who has retired due to ill-health. Current and former SSEES staff, as well as other friends and colleagues across UCL and externally, joined us in wishing Robin well.
Vice-Provost Professor Michael Worton spoke of Robin’s commitment, over many years to SSEES and modern languages, commenting that his legacy had been a “massive and vibrant one”. For his part, Robin thanked everyone for their support over the years. He will continue to contribute as an advisor on various bodies associated with modern languages.
Slavo Radošević, who served as Deputy Director for the past three years, will be the SSEES Director for a period of time leading up to the appointment of a permanent Director.