SSEES News Publication
- East European Language Trails website launched
- SSEES Centenary Year
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
- SSEES MA Student Offered Wolfson Scholarship
- PhD Awarded
- Third Central Europe Symposium
- Third Central Europe Symposium Videos
- PhD Success
- PhD Minorities
- Scouloudi Fellowship
- Golden Bull of Hungary
- Transition Economics Meets New Structural Economics
PhD Successes over the Summer
30 September 2013
Double congratulations for Dorota Goluch, who not only defended her PhD thesis, “Postcolonial Literature in Polish Translation (1970–2010): Difference, Similarity and Solidarity”, but also secured a lectureship at Cardiff University! Dorota’s joint supervisors were Theo Hermans (UCL Dutch) and Katarzyna Zechenter.
Congratulations to Chris Nicholson on the award of a PhD for his thesis, “Law and Estates: The Bohemian Land Ordinance of 1500 in context.” Chris’s supervisor was Martyn Rady.
Congratulations to Agnieszka Whelan, who has successfully defended her PhD thesis entitled, “Gesture and Performance: The Gardens of Princess Izabela Czartoryska, 1770-1831”. Richard Butterwick-Pawlikowski was her supervisor.