SSEES News Publication
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
- Award for Geoffrey Hosking
- East European Language Trails website launched
- PhD in History
- Welcome New Research Staff
- Research Grant for Tomáš Cvrcek
- Tadeusz Konwicki
- SSEES Centenary Year
- PhD Award
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Doctorate Awarded
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
New UCL SSEES Publication
10 September 2013
Loyalties, Solidarities and Identities in Russian Society, History & Culture
This collection of papers represents some of the work presented and discussed at the four workshops of the Anglo-French Russian Studies Network between 2003 and 2008.
The volume examines the nature of the 'Soviet self' through the prism of the historical perspective; the Russian empire; and the Stalinist and post-Stalinist era concluding with chapters on exile and 'Russia abroad'.
With an introduction by Geoffrey Hosking and Claudio Nun-Ingerflom, the papers suggest that more attention should be given to social bonds which did not develop directly and solely out of the needs of rulers and that these bonds profoundly affected the way those rulers operated, and above all the outcomes of their policies and decisions.
Contributions from Malte Griesse, Anna Joukovskaïa, Catriona Kelly, Katerina Levidou, Taline Ter Minassian, Alexander Morrison, Claudio Sérgio Nun-Ingerflom, Isabelle Ohayon, Gábor T. Rittersporn, Maria Rubins and Alexander Sumpf.
- Download order form (Word)