SSEES News Publication
- East European Language Trails website launched
- SSEES Centenary Year
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
- SSEES MA Student Offered Wolfson Scholarship
- PhD Awarded
- Third Central Europe Symposium
- Third Central Europe Symposium Videos
- PhD Success
- PhD Minorities
- Scouloudi Fellowship
- Golden Bull of Hungary
- Transition Economics Meets New Structural Economics
- Leverhulme Network Grant Awarded to SSEES Academic
- Economics PhD Awarded
- Found in Translation Award 2015
- SSEES at the Leeds International Medieval Congress
New UCL SSEES Publication
10 September 2013
Loyalties, Solidarities and Identities in Russian Society, History & Culture
This collection of papers represents some of the work presented and discussed at the four workshops of the Anglo-French Russian Studies Network between 2003 and 2008.
The volume examines the nature of the 'Soviet self' through the prism of the historical perspective; the Russian empire; and the Stalinist and post-Stalinist era concluding with chapters on exile and 'Russia abroad'.
With an introduction by Geoffrey Hosking and Claudio Nun-Ingerflom, the papers suggest that more attention should be given to social bonds which did not develop directly and solely out of the needs of rulers and that these bonds profoundly affected the way those rulers operated, and above all the outcomes of their policies and decisions.
Contributions from Malte Griesse, Anna Joukovskaïa, Catriona Kelly, Katerina Levidou, Taline Ter Minassian, Alexander Morrison, Claudio Sérgio Nun-Ingerflom, Isabelle Ohayon, Gábor T. Rittersporn, Maria Rubins and Alexander Sumpf.
- Download order form (Word)
Page last modified on 28 nov 14 14:17