SSEES News Publication
- East European Language Trails website launched
- SSEES Centenary Year
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
- SSEES MA Student Offered Wolfson Scholarship
- PhD Awarded
- Third Central Europe Symposium
- Third Central Europe Symposium Videos
- PhD Success
- PhD Minorities
- Scouloudi Fellowship
- Golden Bull of Hungary
- Transition Economics Meets New Structural Economics
New funding for postgraduate research and training in Russian, Slavonic and East European languages and culture
17 October 2013
The UCL SSEES-led Centre for East European Language-Based Area Studies (CEELBAS) has been awarded a major grant from the Arts & Humanities Research Council to develop a new national Centre for Doctoral Training in Russian, Slavonic and East European languages and culture.
A partnership of UCL and the Universities of Cambridge, Manchester and Oxford, the Centre will be awarding a number of full Postgraduate Research Studentships each year, starting in 2014, as well as running a specialist postgraduate training programme with the support of external partners that include the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the British Library, Pushkin House and openDemocracy. This will include support for internships, advanced language training and international research collaboration.
Full details of the application schedule and guidelines for the first round of CEELBAS Postgraduate Research Studentships (for those wishing to commence research in October 2014) will be published on the CEELBAS website in the near future. For all enquiries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.