SSEES News Publication
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
- Award for Geoffrey Hosking
- East European Language Trails website launched
- PhD in History
- Welcome New Research Staff
- Research Grant for Tomáš Cvrcek
- Tadeusz Konwicki
- SSEES Centenary Year
- PhD Award
- Major Marie Curie Award
- Doctorate Awarded
- Online project launched by SSEES students
- Videos from the Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London conference now available
- Centenary Lecture by Professor Geoffrey Hosking
- PhD Success
- Welcome to SSEES
- SSEES MA Student Offered Wolfson Scholarship
- PhD Awarded
- Third Central Europe Symposium
- Third Central Europe Symposium Videos
- PhD Success
- PhD Minorities
Baltic Symposium 2014 - 'The Baltic Way'
29 May 2014
Linas Linkevičius, Foreign Minister of Lithuania, delivered the keynote speech at the Baltic Symposium 2014 – 'The Baltic Way'.
The Minister referred to the Lithuanian Presidency of the UN Security Council in February and went on to discuss the situation in Ukraine stressing the need for consistency regarding relations with Russia.
Listen to the Minister’s speech:
Have the Baltic States made Europe more secure?
Chair: Dr Felix Ciută (UCL SSEES)
Panel: Kadri Liik, European Council on Foreign Relations, (London) Dr Andris Sprūds, Latvian Institute of International Affairs, Riga; Professor Ramūnas Vilpišauskas, Institute of International Relations and Political Science, Vilnius
How do the creative industries contribute to the Baltic States' economies?
Chair: Dr Richard Mole (UCL SSEES)
Panel: Rolandas Kvietkauskas, Lithuanian Film Centre, Vilnius; Dace Melbārde, Latvian Minister of Culture, Riga; Ott Sarapuu, Creative Estonia, Tallinn