SSEES News Publication
- New Director of SSEES
- Ukraine Crisis: What it Means for the West
- Call for papers: The Politics of Teaching and Learning Languages
- Centenary Mugs
- The Bain Graffy Film Collection
- Bright Club
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Innovative Learning
- AHRC PhD studentships in Russian, Slavonic & East European Languages and Culture
- Passionate Politics
- Hayley Davis Prize 2014
- Platform Ukraine
- PhD Awarded
- SSEES 100 Event Live
- Triple Helix 2014
- Romanian Parliamentary Visit
- PhD Thesis
- University of Granada
- The 1989 Romanian Revolution
- SSEES Academic on Putin’s Speech
- Prize Winning SSEES Students
- Where to Go in Europe by Wendy Bracewell and Alex Drace-Francis
- SSEES REF2014 Results
Baltic Symposium 2014 - 'The Baltic Way'
29 May 2014
Linas Linkevičius, Foreign Minister of Lithuania, delivered the keynote speech at the Baltic Symposium 2014 – 'The Baltic Way'.
The Minister referred to the Lithuanian Presidency of the UN Security Council in February and went on to discuss the situation in Ukraine stressing the need for consistency regarding relations with Russia.
Listen to the Minister’s speech:
Have the Baltic States made Europe more secure?
Chair: Dr Felix Ciută (UCL SSEES)
Panel: Kadri Liik, European Council on Foreign Relations, (London) Dr Andris Sprūds, Latvian Institute of International Affairs, Riga; Professor Ramūnas Vilpišauskas, Institute of International Relations and Political Science, Vilnius
How do the creative industries contribute to the Baltic States' economies?
Chair: Dr Richard Mole (UCL SSEES)
Panel: Rolandas Kvietkauskas, Lithuanian Film Centre, Vilnius; Dace Melbārde, Latvian Minister of Culture, Riga; Ott Sarapuu, Creative Estonia, Tallinn