SSEES Events Publication
- Seminar: Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London
- Platform Ukraine Lecture: Russia and Ukraine – The Historical Background
- Popular Geopolitics in Russia and Post-Soviet Eastern Europe
- Political Contestation, State Capture and European Integration in South Eastern Europe
- Platform Ukraine Lecture: Ukraine: The War for Truth
- Platform Ukraine February Workshop
- Visiting Scholar Presentation
- SSEES Student Talks
- The Beginnings of Modern Belarus: Identity, Nation, and Politics in a European Borderland
- In Between The "Waves": The Polish Women’s Movement After 1989
- Launch of two books by Daniela Hodrova
- Language Trails: A Journey through London’s East European Heritage
- Platform Ukraine 2015 Conference
- Russia and Ukraine: Spotlight on the Regions
- The Danube: A UCL Global Citizenship Summer School on Intercultural Interaction
- UCL Aid For Tbilisi Flood - Charity Event
- At the Edges of Europe: Britain, Romania and European Identities
- (Other people's) Hindsight is a wonderful thing: Tips on surviving early career academia from postdocs for PhDs
- Representation of Gender Minority Groups In Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro
Platform Ukraine Project Launch
Publication date: May 09, 2014 04:37 PM
May 19, 2014 03:00 PM
End: May 19, 2014 05:00 PM
Location: Gordon House 106, 29 Gordon Square, London, WC1H 0PP
A multidisciplinary roundtable
Platform Ukraine is a new multidisciplinary project that aims to analyse and better understand the Ukrainian crisis of 2014 and its broader meanings for the entire post-socialist space.
In the course of one year, the project will bring together academics from a variety of disciplines to identify and discuss the most urgent themes that relate the Ukrainian crisis to the wider post-Socialist space. A one-day symposium, regular multidisciplinary workshops, a website, and a final conference will create the setting for discussing new ideas and understanding the prevalent trends and tensions in the contemporary post-socialist region.
We will be launching the project with a multidisciplinary roundtable in which a panel of speakers will be giving their perspectives on the Ukrainian crisis and will engage in a debate with all the participants.
The speakers will be:
- Professor Barry Fuller (Professor in Surgical Sciences, University College London)
- Professor Ivan Gout (Professor of Cancer Biochemistry, University College London)
- Andy Hunder (Director of the Ukrainian Institute in London)
- Professor Richard Sakwa (Professor of Russian and European Politics, University of Kent)
In addition, during the launch will be shown a short presentation on Ukrainian Language and Crisis, which was prepared by Marta Jenkala (Senior Teaching Fellow in Ukrainian Language, University College London).
Wine reception will follow the event.
For more information please email:
- Kaneshko Sangar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ondrej Timco (email@example.com)
Page last modified on 29 oct 14 11:23