SSEES Events Publication
- Alumni Event: East European Food and Drink
- 13th International Postgraduate Conference on Central & Eastern Europe
- UCL SSEES Graduate Open Day
- Joint Faculty Graduate Open Day
- Round Table Discussion: Anti-Soviet Resistance in the Baltic States
- Exhibition: Under Alien Skies: Lithuanian People in Soviet Hard Labour Camps and Exile in 1940-1958
- SSEES Student Talks - Russia, Syria & the question of intervention
- Storming the Winter Palace - Photographic Competition
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Political Dissident: The Life and Work of Aleksandar Petrović
- Promoting Knowledge of Less-widely Used Languages through Language Qualifications: a Hungarian ECL Examination Study Day
- SSEES Alumni Careers Event: Public Service & NGOs
- Scepticism and Hope: Contemporary Slovak Poetry
- Guilt, responsibility and denial: The past at stake in post-Milošević Serbia
- Slavoj Žižek and Srećko Horvat on What Does Europe Want?
- SSEES Alumni Association: Utopia Ltd at GRAD gallery
- But What if They Exaggerate Their Age? Language, Culture, and Language-based Knowledge in Large Dataset Collection
- Stalinist Cinema and the Search for Audiences: Liubov' Orlova and the Case for Star Studies - Dr John Haynes (University of Essex).
- Inaugural Lecture - Professor Susan Morrissey
- Lithuania and its neighbours
- SLOVO Event: Film screening of the Phil Collin’s film 'Why I don’t speak Serbian'
- Inaugural Lecture
- Post-Graduate Conference: New Research in Language-Based Area Studies
- Social Sciences Research Students Seminar Series
- SSEES Alumni Association
- SSEES Employers Forum 2014
- Shakespeare and Držić: Uncanny Affinities
- 25 Years of the Central European Initiative & 25 Years from the Fall of the Iron Curtain
- Health in Russia in 2020: A return to Normality?
- Baltic Symposium 2014
- Special SSEES Guest Lecture
Lithuania and its neighbours
Publication date: Jan 13, 2014 12:19:07 PM
Mar 5, 2014 7:00:00 PM
End: Mar 5, 2014 8:30:00 PM
Public lecture by Dr Petras Auštrevičius, Member of the Lithuanian Parliament (Seimas)
Petras Auštrevičius is currently Deputy Speaker of Seimas and a member of the Lithuanian Liberals Movement (Lietuvos Liberalų Sąjūdis). He has been a parliamentarian since 2004. Prior to his parliamentary career he served in the Lithuanian Ministry for Foreign Affairs (from 1991) and the Office of the Government. During 1994-1997 he was Ambassador to Finland. In 2001 and 2002 he was Chief Lithuanian negotiator for membership of the European Union.
Petras Auštrevičius is a graduate in Economics from the University of Vilnius. His publications include: Rinkos ekonomika ir valstybės reguliavimas (Market Economy and State Regulation); Šiuolaikinių ekonomikos terminų enciklopedinis žodynas (Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Modern Economic Terms); Lithuania’s Road to the European Union: Unification of Europe and Lithuania’s EU Accession Negotiation; The Accession Story – The EU from Fifteen to Twenty-five Countries. In 1992-1993 he studied at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, USA.
Sponsored by the British-Lithuanian Society, the
Embassy of the Republic of Lithuanian and the UCL School of Slavonic and East