SSEES Events Publication
- UCL SSEES Graduate Open Evening
- Joint Faculty Graduate Open Day
- Professor M Bernhard: Civil Society Strength...
- Alumni Careers Talks: Enterprise, Business, Finance, Law
- SSEES Talks with Mark Hollingsworth: How did London become Moscow-on-Thames?
- Platform Ukraine Dec - Conducting Social Research
- Seminar: Central and Eastern European LGBT migrants in London
Lithuania and its neighbours
Publication date: Jan 13, 2014 12:19 PM
Mar 05, 2014 07:00 PM
End: Mar 05, 2014 08:30 PM
Public lecture by Dr Petras Auštrevičius, Member of the Lithuanian Parliament (Seimas)
Petras Auštrevičius is currently Deputy Speaker of Seimas and a member of the Lithuanian Liberals Movement (Lietuvos Liberalų Sąjūdis). He has been a parliamentarian since 2004. Prior to his parliamentary career he served in the Lithuanian Ministry for Foreign Affairs (from 1991) and the Office of the Government. During 1994-1997 he was Ambassador to Finland. In 2001 and 2002 he was Chief Lithuanian negotiator for membership of the European Union.
Petras Auštrevičius is a graduate in Economics from the University of Vilnius. His publications include: Rinkos ekonomika ir valstybės reguliavimas (Market Economy and State Regulation); Šiuolaikinių ekonomikos terminų enciklopedinis žodynas (Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Modern Economic Terms); Lithuania’s Road to the European Union: Unification of Europe and Lithuania’s EU Accession Negotiation; The Accession Story – The EU from Fifteen to Twenty-five Countries. In 1992-1993 he studied at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, USA.
Sponsored by the British-Lithuanian Society, the
Embassy of the Republic of Lithuanian and the UCL School of Slavonic and East