Economics & Business Seminar Series Events Publication
- E&BSS: Assessing the Impact of the Maternity Capital Policy in Russia - Fabian Slonimczyk (ICEF)
- E&BSS: Microfinance, poverty and education - Ralph De Haas (EBRD, London)
- E&BSS: Early School Exposure, Test Scores, and Noncognitive Outcomes - Thomas Cornelissen, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), UCL
- E&BSS: Are the Inflation Rates from the New EU Member States Ready for ECB Managing? - Juan Carlos Cuestas (University of Sheffield)
- E&BSS: ‘Black Spots’ in Capital Structure Studies: The Case of Non-Existing Debt - Eugene Nivorozhkin (UCL SSEES)
- E&BSS: The European Financial Crisis-What Next? - Yumei Ji (UCL SSEES)
- Special Event: ‘Stuck in Transition’? EBRD-SSEES Transition Report Launch 2013
- E&BSS: Foreign Languages and Trade - Dr Jan Fidrmuc (Brunel University)
- E&BSS: Planning peace. Development policies in postwar Europe and the birth of development economics - Michele Alacevich (Columbia University, USA)
- E&BSS: Financial integration in Europe: Has the model failed for the 'periphery economies’? - Max Watson (Wolfson College, University of Oxford)
- E&BSS: Bank Lending and Firm Innovation: Evidence from Russia - Ralph De Haas (EBRD, UK)
- E&BSS: The urban-rural divide in educational outcome: Evidence from Russia - Chiara Amini (London Metropolitan University, UK)
- E&BSS: European perspectives of Ukraine: the end of multi-vector policy? - Igor Yegorov (Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine)
- E&BSS: Foreign-owned banks and dependent financialization in Eastern Europe - Daniela Gabor (Bristol Business School, UK)
- E&BSS: A Neo-Institutional Framework To Analyse Tax Evasion by Owners-Managers in the Transition Business Environment - Tomasz Mickiewicz (Aston University; ESRC Enterprise Research Centre, UK)
- E&BSS: Corruption and management practices. Firm-level evidence - Daphne Athanasouli (UCL SSEES)
- E&BSS: The Joint Impact of Labour market Policies and Crises on Total and Youth Unemployment in Europe - Silvia Dal Bianco, London Metropolitan University, UK
We argue that corruption can decrease aggregate productivity by deteriorating firm management practices. More...
Starts: Mar 18, 2014 5:00:00 PM
E&BSS: The urban-rural divide in educational outcome: Evidence from Russia - Chiara Amini (London Metropolitan University, UK)
This paper analyses the differences in educational achievement between urban and rural Russian secondary school students using data from the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) surveys. More...
Starts: Feb 11, 2014 5:30:00 PM
E&BSS: The European Financial Crisis-What Next? - Yumei Ji (UCL SSEES)
Publication date: Oct 24, 2013 2:02:45 PM
Start: Dec 10, 2013 5:00:00 PM
Location: Room 347, UCL SSEES Building, 16 Taviton Street, London, WC1H 0BW.
The Eurozone sovereign debt crisis is an ongoing crisis that has been affecting the countries of the Eurozone since late 2009. This seminar will present three themes: (1) the diagnoses of the crisis; (2) the impact of the budgetary austerity programs that has been in a number of Eurozone countries (Greece, Portugal, Ireland and Spain); (3) the solutions to solve to the crisis that avoid defaults. The discussions of these themes will help us to understand what can happen to the European economy in the near future.
Yuemei Ji is a Teaching Fellow at UCL SSEES and a Visiting Fellow at LSE. She worked as a post-doc researcher at the University of Leuven and was a visiting fellow at the Centre for European Policy Studies in Brussels and the National Bank of Belgium. Her major research interest is international financial economics in general and the Eurozone sovereign debt crisis in particular. She has done intensive research on the causes of Eurozone debt crisis and has published papers in international journals such as the Journal of Common Market Studies, the Journal of International Money and Finance, and the Journal of Macroeconomics.
- For more details contact: Dr Svetlana Makarova