Economics & Business Seminar Series Events Publication
- E&BSS: Assessing the Impact of the Maternity Capital Policy in Russia - Fabian Slonimczyk (ICEF)
- E&BSS: Microfinance, poverty and education - Ralph De Haas (EBRD, London)
- E&BSS: Early School Exposure, Test Scores, and Noncognitive Outcomes - Thomas Cornelissen, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), UCL
- E&BSS: Are the Inflation Rates from the New EU Member States Ready for ECB Managing? - Juan Carlos Cuestas (University of Sheffield)
- E&BSS: ‘Black Spots’ in Capital Structure Studies: The Case of Non-Existing Debt - Eugene Nivorozhkin (UCL SSEES)
- E&BSS: The European Financial Crisis-What Next? - Yumei Ji (UCL SSEES)
- Special Event: ‘Stuck in Transition’? EBRD-SSEES Transition Report Launch 2013
- E&BSS: Foreign Languages and Trade - Dr Jan Fidrmuc (Brunel University)
- E&BSS: Planning peace. Development policies in postwar Europe and the birth of development economics - Michele Alacevich (Columbia University, USA)
- E&BSS: Financial integration in Europe: Has the model failed for the 'periphery economies’? - Max Watson (Wolfson College, University of Oxford)
- E&BSS: Bank Lending and Firm Innovation: Evidence from Russia - Ralph De Haas (EBRD, UK)
- E&BSS: The urban-rural divide in educational outcome: Evidence from Russia - Chiara Amini (London Metropolitan University, UK)
- E&BSS: European perspectives of Ukraine: the end of multi-vector policy? - Igor Yegorov (Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine)
- E&BSS: Foreign-owned banks and dependent financialization in Eastern Europe - Daniela Gabor (Bristol Business School, UK)
- E&BSS: A Neo-Institutional Framework To Analyse Tax Evasion by Owners-Managers in the Transition Business Environment - Tomasz Mickiewicz (Aston University; ESRC Enterprise Research Centre, UK)
- E&BSS: Corruption and management practices. Firm-level evidence - Daphne Athanasouli (UCL SSEES)
We argue that corruption can decrease aggregate productivity by deteriorating firm management practices. More...
Starts: Mar 18, 2014 5:00:00 PM
E&BSS: The urban-rural divide in educational outcome: Evidence from Russia - Chiara Amini (London Metropolitan University, UK)
This paper analyses the differences in educational achievement between urban and rural Russian secondary school students using data from the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) surveys. More...
Starts: Feb 11, 2014 5:30:00 PM
E&BSS: European perspectives of Ukraine: the end of multi-vector policy? - Igor Yegorov (Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine)
Publication date: Jan 28, 2014 3:32:16 PM
Feb 25, 2014 5:00:00 PM
End: Feb 25, 2014 6:30:00 PM
Location: Room 347, 16 Taviton Street, UCL, London, WC1H 0BW
Eurointegration processes were ‘postponed’ by the Ukrainian government in late November 2013.
The question is how the country could solve its serious economic and social problems in a new geopolitical situation.
This decision could have long-term impact on the development of the country and its relations with the EU. Situation does not look optimistic for a number of other sectors of the national economy and for the state budget, as well. Termination of the Eurointegration could also lead to the important political changes after the Presidential elections in 2015.
Igor Yegorov is Deputy Director of the Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Professor at the Faculty of Economics at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Has is working on policy issues in the post-Soviet countries and in Ukraine. He is the author of numerous publications, including articles in Science and Public Policy, Europe-Asia Studies and other leading journals on problems of science policy.
- For more details contact: Dr Svetlana Makarova