Centre for South-East European Studies Events Publication
- Football in Southeastern Europe: From Ethnic Homogenization to Reconciliation
- CSEES and the European Institute: Croatia in the European Union: Round Table Debate on the Future of the Nation State
- Third Joint PhD Symposium on South East Europe
- The Majority Starts Here
- Bosnia and Herzegovina - the continuing effects of the Balkans armed conflict on its society
- A Debate on The Crisis of Democracy in Europe: Russia and Us
- Between Justice and Stability-The Politics of War Crimes Prosecutions in Post-Milošević´ Serbia by Mladen Ostojić (Ashgate 2014)
- Cultures of Democracy in Serbia and Bulgaria. How Ideas Shape Publics (Ashgate 2014) By James Dawson (UCL)
- Reforming Albania’s Labour and Skills Market
- Normal – Real Stories from the Sex Industry: Documentary Film Screening and Discussion with Prof Nick Mai
- Innocence and Victimhood: Gender, Nation, and Women's Activism in Postwar Bosnia-Herzegovina
- The politics of memory in Bulgaria
- Ethnic Conflict and War Crimes in the Balkans: Narratives of Denial in Post-Conflict Serbia (2013, IB Tauris, London)
Ethnic Conflict and War Crimes in the Balkans: Narratives of Denial in Post-Conflict Serbia (2013, IB Tauris, London)
In her book Jelena Obradovic-Wochnik
explores the experience of knowing, witnessing and speaking about atrocities,
and thus contributes to the debates on confronting the past in Serbia.
Starts: Mar 3, 2015 6:00:00 PM
Post WWII Bulgaria erected huge number of monuments, mostly of the Soviet Army and the local Anti-Fascist Fighters. More...
Starts: Mar 5, 2015 6:00:00 PM
The Majority Starts Here
Publication date: Mar 13, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 11, 2014 06:00 PM
End: Mar 11, 2014 09:00 PM
Location: Room 431, UCL SSEES Building, 16 Taviton Street, London, WC1H 0BW.
The screening and discussion of the documentary film on youth and legacy of conflicts in the Balkans.
In the company of film makers Gordana Igrić (Balkan Insight, Serbia); Ana Petruseva (Balkan Insight, Macedonia); Jeta Xharra (Balkan Insight, Kosovo).
The documentary is part of BIRN’s Balkan Transitional Justice project, which aims to improve public understanding of transitional justice issues in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
(Croatian) Wine Reception to follow.
- For more details contact: Dr Bojan Aleksov