- Prospective Students
- Languages at UCL SSEES
- UCL SSEES Publishing
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Current Vacancies
AHRC Doctoral Competition
- ESRC Doctoral Competition
- SSEES Foundation Scholarship
- SSEES fees only Studentships (for MPhil/PhD and MRes in East European Studies only)
- Victor and Rita Swoboda Memorial Scholarship (Ukrainian Studies)
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities
- Further Funding Opportunities
Why Research at UCL SSEES?
- An extensive array of training courses in social science methodology, humanities (and some languages) is provided by SSEES.
- Paid teaching experience is often available.
- Regular opportunities to present research at seminars within SSEES and externally.
- Opportunities for field work in the SSEES region.
- The department has close ties with UK and overseas universities.
- An active research seminar and conference programme, with talks from leading scholars in our disciplines.
- A large and vibrant community of postgraduate students across our disciplines.
- Access to the UCL and the SSEES library, one of the leading research libraries in the UK for the study of Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- Location in Bloomsbury, London: close to British Library, British Museum, University of London Library and other prominent research centres.
- The opportunity to contribute to two major student-run ventures:
- Slovo, which publishes articles and book reviews written by research and Masters students as well as established scholars.
- Postgraduates at SSEES co-organize the International Postgraduate Student Conference, which is held every second year at SSEES (and at other universities around the world in alternate years).