AHRC Doctoral Competition
- ESRC Doctoral Competition
- SSEES Foundation Scholarship
- SSEES fees only Studentships (MRes only)
- Victor and Rita Swoboda Memorial Scholarship (Ukrainian Studies)
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities
- Further Funding Opportunities
Why Research at UCL SSEES?
- An extensive array of training courses in social science
methodology, humanities (and some languages) is provided by SSEES.
- Paid teaching experience is often available.
- Regular opportunities to present research at seminars within SSEES and externally.
- Opportunities for field work in the SSEES region.
- The department has close ties with UK and overseas universities.
- An active research seminar and conference programme, with talks from leading scholars in our disciplines.
- A large and vibrant community of postgraduate students across our disciplines.
- Access to the UCL and the SSEES library, one of the leading research libraries in the UK for the study of Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- Location in Bloomsbury, London: close to British Library, British Museum, University of London Library and other prominent research centres.
- The opportunity to contribute to two major student-run ventures:
- Slovo, which publishes articles and book reviews written by research and Masters students as well as established scholars.
- Postgraduates at SSEES co-organize the International Postgraduate Student Conference, which is held every second year at SSEES (and at other universities around the world in alternate years).
Page last modified on 28 jul 14 16:37