SSEES Postgraduate Research Resources (MPhil/PhD)
- Download handbook (PDF)
- Download form (Word doc)
Subject to the availability of funds, a scholarship competition will be announced in the autumn for a number of minor grants.
The number and
value will vary according to the funds available, and each grant will
not normally exceed £3,000. In some years, no competition will be held.
The primary purpose of this scholarship is to support outstanding
research students in the final stages of writing-up the dissertation.
Who is eligible?
- All students who are currently registered in good standing for a PhD degree at SSEES; AND
- Who do not hold a full (fees and maintenance) scholarship from another source and are currently in their third or fourth year of study; OR
- Who hold a fees-only scholarship in any year of study.
What are the criteria of selection?
- A record of academic excellence; and
- Excellence in the doctoral programme to date.
How do you apply?
Submit the following documents to the Graduate Studies Administrator by the advertised deadline:
- An application form (Word doc)
- A summary of the research project (500 words) to include a summary of work completed to date and a prospective date of submission
- A letter of support from your supervisor.
CEELBAS Russian & Ukrainian Archives Guide
CEELBAS have launched a new guide for those intending to visit archives in Russia and Ukraine for Research purposes. Further details can be accessed via the CEELBAS website