SSEES Postgraduate Research Resources (MPhil/PhD)
- Download handbook (PDF)
- Download form (Word doc)
Subject to the availability of funds, a scholarship competition will be announced in the autumn for a number of minor grants.
The number and
value will vary according to the funds available, and each grant will
not normally exceed £3,000. In some years, no competition will be held.
The primary purpose of this scholarship is to support outstanding
research students in the final stages of writing-up the dissertation.
Who is eligible?
- All students who are currently registered in good standing for a PhD degree at SSEES; AND
- Who do not hold a full (fees and maintenance) scholarship from another source and are currently in their third or fourth year of study; OR
- Who hold a fees-only scholarship in any year of study.
What are the criteria of selection?
- A record of academic excellence; and
- Excellence in the doctoral programme to date.
How do you apply?
Submit the following documents to the Graduate Studies Administrator by the advertised deadline:
- An application form (Word doc)
- A summary of the research project (500 words) to include a summary of work completed to date and a prospective date of submission
- A letter of support from your supervisor.
CEELBAS Russian & Ukrainian Archives Guide
CEELBAS have launched a new guide for those intending to visit archives in Russia and Ukraine for Research purposes. Further details can be accessed via the CEELBAS website
Page last modified on 23 apr 15 15:10