Alongside the biannual talks that take place at SSEES for Alumni (almost always followed by a party), the SSEES Alumni Association often organises less formal events to exhibitions, film screenings, opera and other various East European and Russian-related happenings in and around London.
Please note that anyone not registered as an alumni will not receive mailings about forthcoming events and booking details. If you were at SSEES when it was an independent entity within the University of London, you will still need to register with UCL to make sure you are on our mailing list. To update your details or register, please do so via the UCL Alumni Pages
Next Event: 16 March 2017: An East European Food and Drink Evening
This popular event is back for 2017!
SSEES Alumni are invited to sample authentic cuisine from
the region, reminisce about their time at SSEES, catch up with old
classmates and teachers and network.
This event is ticketed, please see the options below for buying your ticket
- £10 tickets: Please contact Lilla Bettiol (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a bank transfer of £10 per ticket. You will be sent a receipt by email with a copy of your ticket.
- £11.50 tickets: If you prefer you may purchase tickets via Eventbrite (subject to booking fees which are included in the price listed).
Previous Alumni Events
- Russia and the internet: a love-hate thing with Keir Giles (March 2016)
- Grand Alumni Dinner at Ognisko Restaurant (June 2015)
- Interpreting Putin's Ukraine Policy with Dr Pete Duncan (March 2015)
- Unicorns at SSEES? (April 2014)
- An Eastern European Food and Drink Evening (October 2013)
- Dr Philip Cavendish on the film 'Russian Ark' (March 2013)