Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- Academic Model Project
- Rees Investigation
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
The Registrar's Office
The Registrar’s Office manages operations, projects and strategic planning in the Student and Registry Services (SRS) Division. This includes the SRS estate (buildings and rooms), financial and IT resourcing, human resources, and communications.
The office also helps UCL staff and students by:
- handling student complaints, academic appeals and discipline matters
- overseeing the work of wardens in student residences
- being the first contact point for student welfare matters
And the office also helps SRS staff with:
- business continuity planning
- accessing relevant UCL systems
- using the electronic document records management (EDRM) system
- ordering equipment and general supplies for SRS
Our staff listings are currently being updates to reflect the recent organisational change.
The Registrar's Office is comprised of the following sections. Click the arrows for further details on each section, including specific contact details.
Head of Student Systems: Mark Hodgson
The Portico Services Office provides direction and support for Portico Services (UCL’s Student Information System) and the Common Timetable.
The key activities are:
- development, support, and setting the direction of Portico, the UCL student information system - current functionality in Portico includes admissions (for both UCAS and direct online applicants), online enrolment, module registration, maintenance of student records, assessments and awards, and graduation ceremonies
- supporting the Common Timetable process through Serco software CMIS
- providing helpdesk support for Portico and CMIS
- assisting with end user training on Portico and CMIS
Contact detailsTel: +44(0)207 679 0637 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: Visit the Portico website Location: Floor 9, 1-19 Torrington Place
Administration and Projects Co-Ordinator: Jo McIntosh
The Improvement & Strategic Projects Section (ISP) has been set up to focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence, and on progressing strategic projects for SRS
The key activities are:
- Operational excellence focusing on meeting customer needs and on doing so using the minimum of energy and resources.
- Identifying and eliminating non-value adding activities in any process.
- Continuous improvement of services or processes through incremental or breakthrough change, helping to streamline workflow.