Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Student Recruitment and Admissions Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2014-15
Where the name of a committee member appears in square brackets, this indicates that member’s second or subsequent appearance in the committee’s membership.
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2013-14 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs) (Chair)
||Professor Anthony Smith|
|Dean of Students (Academic)||[Professor Anthony Smith]|
Director of Access and Admissions
Ms Bella Malins
Director of Communications and Marketing
Mr Mark Sudbury
Director of Financial Planning and Strategy
Ms Valerie Hogg
Head of Access
Ms Katy Redfern
|Head of the International Office||
Dr David Stevens
Head of Publications and Marketing Services
Mr Ian Bartlett
Head of Student Funding
Mr Kevin King
Ms Wendy Appleby
Four Deans of Faculty (one from each School), appointed by the Committee
- Professor Anthony Finkelstein (1)
- Professor Jo Wolff (1)
- Two vacancies
Four Faculty Tutors (one from each School), appointed by the Committee
- Dr Caroline Essex (1)
- Dr Julie Evans (1)
- Professor Don Pennington (-)
- Ms Olga Thomas (1)
Four Admissions Tutors (one from each School), appointed by the Committee
- Dr Jan Axmacher (1)
- Dr Michael Munday (1)
- Dr Yvo Pokern (1)
A member nominated by the Vice-Provost (Research)
- Professor David Bogle (1)
A representative of UCLU, nominated by UCLU
- To be notified
Mr Gary Hawes
Terms of Reference
The Student Recruitment and Admissions
Committee (StRAC), chaired by the Vice-Provost (Education), will bring together
colleagues from across UCL (faculties, departments and Professional Services)
to monitor and advise on all aspects of the prospective student journey up to, and
including, their admission to UCL. The
Access Agreement Steering Group will oversee, and report to StRAC on, UCL’s outreach
and widening participation activities, as well as progress towards achievement
of UCL’s Access Agreement targets.
Terms of reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by the Academic Committee, the Student Recruitment and Admissions Committee is charged by Academic Committee:
- To define, monitor and review UCL strategy, policy and procedure in respect of (i) all aspects of the marketing, recruitment, and admission of undergraduate, postgraduate-taught and postgraduate-research students and (ii) UCL’s outreach activities.
- To ensure that relevant UCL policies, structures and processes are student-centred and coordinated in order to ensure that a seamless service is provided at the institutional, faculty and departmental level.
- To ensure effective communication in relation to UCL’s student marketing, outreach, recruitment and admissions strategy, policy and operations, (i) at institutional, faculty and departmental levels, and (ii) across the wider UCL community.
- To benchmark UCL’s performance in student marketing, recruitment and admissions against key competitors and best-in-sector practice.
- To consider the implications of institutional/faculty student number planning processes and projections for UCL’s outreach, marketing, recruitment and admissions activities.
- To advise on institutional risk management strategies relating to student recruitment, outreach and admissions.
- To maintain a continuous overview of the work of the Access Agreement Steering Group and such other sub-groups, working groups etc as may be established by the Committee.
- To report to the Academic Committee by (i) the submission of an annual report on the work of the Committee in the preceding twelve months and (ii) the submission to the Academic Committee officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Committee.
Meeting Dates 2014-15
- Monday 10 November 2014, 10am
- Monday 23 March 2015, 10am
- Monday 8 June 2015, 11am