Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- IoE Merger Information
- Rees Investigation
- Chadwick Redirect
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Scholarships and Student Funding Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2014-15
Where the name of a committee member is italicised, this indicates that that member is serving on the Committee as a deputy or nominee of another member.
Where the name of a committee member appears in square brackets, this indicates that member’s second or subsequent appearance in the committee’s membership.
|Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs)||Professor Anthony Smith|
|Vice-Provost (International)||Mr Nigel Percival|
|Vice-Provost (Operations)||Mr Rex Knight|
|Registrar||Ms Wendy Appleby|
|Dean of Students (Academic)||[Professor Anthony Smith]|
|Pro-Provost (Doctoral School)||Professor David Bogle|
|Director of Communications and Marketing||Mr Mark Sudbury|
|Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations||Mrs Lori Houlihan|
|Head of Student Funding||Mr Kevin King|
|Operations Director - Office for International Affairs||Mr Nigel Percival|
|Chair of the Scholarships Officers Planning Group||Ms Valerie Hogg|
UCLU Education & Campaigns Officer
Mr Lukmaan Kolia
UCLU Postgraduate Students' Officer
Ms Mariana Ceccotti
|Secretary||Mr Rob Traynor|
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by the Academic Committee, the Scholarships and Student Funding1 Committee is charged by Academic Committee:
- To develop, approve and keep under review the operation of a Scholarships Strategy for UCL.
- To develop, approve and keep under review scholarships policies, processes and provision in accordance with the UCL Scholarships Strategy, taking account of, inter alia, UCL’s student recruitment priorities and student number planning, and the need for UCL to remain internationally competitive in this area.
- To keep under review the effectiveness of scholarships administration within UCL and to advise the Corporate Support Services responsible for scholarships administration.
- According to statutory powers delegated by Council, to prescribe the conditions governing the award of exhibitions, scholarships, bursaries, studentships, medals and prizes.
- To keep under review the financial position and determine the distribution of UCL's scholarships funds.
- To receive regular reports from (i) the Access Agreement Steering Group and (ii) the Scholarships Officers Planning Group.
- To report to the Academic Committee by submission to the Academic Committee officers of (i) an annual report and (ii) the Minutes of each meeting of the Scholarships and Student Funding Committee.
1 The term 'scholarships and student funding' refers to any funding available to students for study and research at UCL, including both merit-based and hardship funding, scholarships, awards, prizes, bursaries and studentships, whether funded from internal or external sources
Meeting Dates 2014-15
- Thursday 13 November 2014, 2.00pm
- Tuesday 13 January 2015, 2.00pm [cancelled]
- Tuesday 17 March 2015, 3.00pm
- Wednesday 3 June 2015, 2.00pm