Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- Academic Model Project
- Rees Investigation
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Remuneration and Human Resources Strategy Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2016-17
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee
member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and
including the 2015-16 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio members.
|Vice-Chair of Council (Chair)||
Baroness Diana Warwick
Chair of Council
Dame DeAnne Julius
|President and Provost1||
Professor Michael Arthur
Three External Members of Council, appointed by Council on the recommendation of Nominations Committee
- Mr Ven Balakrishnan (2)
- Lord (Tim) Clement-Jones (3)
- Mr Simon Melliss (-)
Dr Marguerite Nolan
1 except when the Provost's own salary is under consideration.
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council, the Remuneration and Human Resources Strategy Committee is charged by Council:
- To approve and monitor the implementation of UCL human resources strategy.
- To determine the salary of the Provost, to approve the salaries of the Vice-Provosts and Deans, and to approve the salary of any other member of non-clinical staff earning £150,000 or more.
- To consider and note matters of strategic significance concerning remuneration and other employment matters.
- To consider any severance payments in relation to senior staff.
- To monitor compliance with employment legislation and policy, and adherence to the Nolan Principles for standards in public life.
- Remuneration Committee members must consider the public interest and safeguarding of public funds alongside the interests of the institution when considering all forms of payment, reward and severance to the staff within its remit.
- To provide a regular confidential written report to Council.
Meeting Dates 2016-17
Tuesday 14 February 2017, 10.30am
Thursday 13 July 2017, 10.30am
Minutes of meetings of the Remuneration and Strategy Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.