Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Constitution and Membership for 2014-15
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2013-14 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for Observers.
|Chair of Council (Chair)||Dame DeAnne Julius|
|Vice-Chair of Council||Ms Vivienne Parry|
|President and Provost||
Professor Michael Arthur
Two Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council
- Mr Ven Balakrishnan (-)
- Ms Lindsay Nicholson (-)
Two academic staff members of Council, appointed by Council
- Dr John Hurst (-)
- Professor Nick Tyler (2)
|Secretary||Mr Nick McGhee|
1 Appointed Members of the Committee shall remain members for a period of three consecutive years, and, provided that they remain members of Council, shall be eligible for reappointment for a second or further period not exceeding three years.
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council, the Nominations Committee is charged by Council:
- To consider the filling of vacancies for appointed lay members of Council and to make recommendations to Council thereon, in accordance with the provisions of the relevant UCL Statutes and Regulations for Management.
- To recommend to Council, if the Nominations Committee sees fit, that a vacancy or vacancies for lay members on Council remain unfilled.
- In the case of lay members completing their first or second three-year term of office on Council, to consider whether to recommend to Council that such members should be invited to accept a second term or, where the Nominations Committee considers that Council continues to require the particular experience and expertise of the lay member concerned, a third three-year term.
- To maintain and keep under regular review a standing list of nominations for membership of Council received through periodic consultation with appropriate bodies.
- To keep under continuous review the overall profile of the lay membership of Council.
- To consider the filling of vacancies for lay members nominated by Council on all other standing committees of UCL the constitution of which provides for such members, in consultation with those committees as Nominations Committee sees fit, and to make recommendations to Council thereon (except for the filling of vacancies on Nominations Committee, which shall be referred direct to Council for consideration).
- To keep under review the length of service of lay members on UCL committees generally.
- To report to Council by submission i) to Council of an annual report, and ii) to the Council officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Nominations Committee.
Meeting Dates 2014-15
- Monday 17 November 2014, 9am
Minutes of meetings of the Nominations Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.