Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- IoE Merger Information
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Constitution and Membership for 2015-16
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2014-15 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|Vice-Provost (Research) (Chair)||Professor David Price|
|Director, Information Services Division||Dr Mike Cope|
|Director of Library Services||Dr Paul Ayris|
|Finance Director (Corporate Support Services)||Ms Pauline Jory|
UCLU Education & Campaigns Officer
Ms Wahida Samie
|UCLU Postgraduate Students' Officer||
Ms Suguna Nair
|Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs)||Professor Anthony Smith|
|Vice-Provost (Operations)||Mr Rex Knight|
|One member of staff from each Faculty, normally a member of the Faculty Library Committee, nominated by the Dean of Faculty:|
|Arts and Humanities||Professor Richard North (4)|
|Brain Sciences||Dr Julie Evans (3)|
|Built Environment||Dr Sophia Psarra (1)|
|UCL Institute of Education||
Dr Richard Freeman (-)
|Engineering Sciences||Dr Simon Banks (1)|
|Laws||Professor Philip Schofield (4)|
|Life Sciences||Dr Hazel Smith (1)|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||Dr Caroline Essex (6)|
|Medical Sciences||Dr Ian Giles (1)|
|Population Health Sciences||Dr Kenth Gustafsson (4)|
|Social and Historical Sciences||Professor Stephen Conway (3)|
One member of staff of the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES), nominated by the Director of SSEES
- Professor Simon Dixon (2)
One member of non-professorial academic staff, elected by and from the elected non-professorial academic staff members of Academic Board
Ms Nafisa Wagley
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by the Academic Committee or the Academic Board, the Library Committee is charged by Council:
- To formulate medium- and long-term policy for library provision for UCL.
- To keep under review developments in library provision for Institutions of Higher Education.
- To consider general management policy at UCL insofar as it affects the library service provided.
- To identify strategic development paths most conducive to appropriate library provision for UCL, either in committee or via appropriate working groups as appointed by Library Committee.
- To identify strategies for library funding and staffing to enable development along the directions identified in clause 4 above.
- To recommend action on clauses 1-5 above to the Director of UCL Library Services or UCL, via the Academic Committee or Academic Board, as appropriate.
- To approve proposals by the Director of UCL Library Services for internal distribution of the Library Budget.
- To refer such of its business as the Library Committee sees fit to the Academic Board.
- To request the Faculty Library Committees to canvass, collate and report to the Library Committee the views of users of the Library on particular key issues which may, from time to time, be needed by the Library Committee to inform policy discussions.
- To receive the Minutes of meetings of Faculty Library Committees.
- To sustain effective communication with the Faculty Library Committees by submission to the latter of its Minutes.
- To receive the Minutes of meetings of working groups that are appointed by Library Committee in accordance with clause 4. above.
- To submit to Academic Board annually (or at such frequency as Academic Board may direct), for subsequent submission to Council, a written report of recent activities and developments within the purview of the Library Committee.
- To report to the Academic Committee, by submission to the Academic Committee officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Library Committee.
Meeting Dates 2015-16
- Thursday 17 December 2015, 10.00am
- Wednesday 2 March 2016, 2.30pm
- Thursday 2 June 2016, 10.30am