Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
International Strategy Board
Constitution and Membership for 2014-15
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2013-14 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for Observers.
|Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs)||
Professor Anthony Smith
Vice-Provost (Enterprise and London)
Professor Stephen Caddick
||Dame Nicola Brewer|
Mr Rex Knight
Professor David Price
|Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations||Mrs Lori Houlihan|
|Director of Finance and Business Affairs||
Mr Phil Harding
Ms Wendy Appleby
UCLU International Students' Officer
||Mr Muhammad Omar|
|UCLU Welfare & International Officer||Ms Leah Francis|
Four Lay Members, including at least two current Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council (one of the current Lay Members of Council to be Chair)
- Ms Nahid Majid (-)
- Mr Simon Melliss (Chair) (1)
- Mr Dick Porter (1)
Mr Gary Hawes
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council and Academic Committee, the International Strategy Board is charged by Council:
To monitor and advise on proposals for, and the implementation of, UCL’s International Strategy in accordance with the following principles and aims set out therein:
- To place an international dimension at the heart of a unique and outstanding UCL student experience;
- To attract and support within UCL a diverse international staff and student community;
- To extend UCL’s network of international partnerships and collaborations in education, research, business and healthcare, and with the global development sector, governments, charities and philanthropists;
- To extend the global reach of UCL’s distinctive mission;
- To achieve the widest possible recognition for UCL’s approach to internationalisation;
- To ensure that UCL’s policies, procedures, academic structures and support infrastructure equip it to operate efficiently and effectively in the increasingly competitive international higher education environment.
To monitor, and advise Council on, UCL's current international operations and activities, including bringing to the attention of Council any individual matters relating to these that are deemed by the Board to warrant Council's consideration.
- To be kept apprised of and monitor new and emerging international trends and developments, markets, policy-changes etc that might offer opportunities for UCL in terms of new overseas activities and developments.
- To determine the format for presentation of new proposals for institutional collaborations and international campuses, to consider such proposals from the Country Boards and to make recommendations on these to Academic Committee and Council.
- To receive and consider reports from the Country Boards and other bodies on existing international operations and activities.
- To receive and consider reports from the UCL Centre for Languages and International Education Executive Committee.
- To ensure that frameworks for quality assurance and enhancement and risk management procedures are operating effectively for existing institutional collaborations and international campuses.
- To submit to Academic Committee annually, for subsequent submission to Council, a written report of recent activities and developments within the purview of the International Strategy Board.
- To report to Academic Committee and Council by submission to the Academic Committee officers and Council officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the International Strategy Board.
Meeting Dates 2014-15
- Thursday 11 December 2014, 11am
- Monday 16 March 2015, 2pm
- Thursday 18 June 2015, 2pm
Minutes of meetings of the International Strategy Board are confidential and are not available online.