Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- IoE Merger Information
- Academic Model Project
- Rees Investigation
- Chadwick Redirect
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Constitution and Membership for 2016-17
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2015-16 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
Mr Philip Sturrock
|Director, Finance and Business Affairs||Mr Phil Harding|
Up to three External Members with investments expertise, appointed by Council
- Mr Chris Hills (1)
- Mrs Sarah Whitney (2)
- Mr Zakariya Mohran
Ms Karen Milloy
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given Finance Committee, the Investments Committee is charged by Finance Committee:
- According to powers delegated to the Investments
by Council through Finance Committee, to govern, manage and regulate the investments of UCL,
due account of the following provision of the UCL Statutes:
Subject to the conditions or provisions, if any, attached by the donor to any gift from which the same are derived, moneys and funds of the College may be invested in such stocks, funds, fully-paid shares or securities and investments as the Council shall from time to time think fit, whether within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or not, including the purchase of land of any tenure or any interest therein in the said United Kingdom: provided that in the case of moneys and funds held by the College as trustees the power conferred by this Statute shall be exercised subject to the provisions of the law relating to investment by trustees.
In particular to:
- recommend to Council the endorsement of the investment strategy and targets
- ensure the implementation of UCL's investment policy, consistent with UCL’s cashflow requirements
- monitor and review the asset allocations, risk tolerance, asset class ranges and frequency of re-balancing;
- monitor and review the case for including new asset classes or strategies;
- recommend changes to the strategic asset allocation in accordance with the above;
- determine from time-to time appropriate benchmarks, risk parameters and performance targets;
- monitor the performance of the investments and of its appointed investment manager and make recommendations to the Council related to performance;
- assist in the assessment and selection of investment managers and advisers, making recommendations to the Council.
- To monitor UCL's approach to responsible investment, in light of the ethical considerations set out in UCL's Investments Policy.
- To review and, where appropraite, to recommend changes to, the Investments Policy.
- To be accountable to Finance Committee by submission to the Finance Committee officers of the minutes of each meeting of the Investments Committee and with oral updates as necessary, and to provide an annual report to Finance Committee on performance and return of the investment portfolio.
- To report to Council by submission to the Council officers of the minutes of each meeting of the Investments Committee.
- To submit the annual report to the Academic Board each year and provide an opportunity for discussion with Committee members of any matters arising.
Meeting Dates 2016-17
- Tuesday 15 November 2016, 1.30pm
- Tuesday 28 February 2017, 1.30pm
- Tuesday 9 May 2017, 2.00pm
- Tuesday 8 August 2017, 2.00pm
Minutes of meetings of the Investments Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.