Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- IoE Merger Information
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2014-15
Where the name of a committee member is italicised, this indicates that that member is serving on the committee as a deputy or nominee of another member.
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2013-14 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|Chair of Council (Chair)||Dame DeAnne Julius|
|Vice-Chair of Council||Ms Vivienne Parry|
|President and Provost||
Professor Michael Arthur
|Vice-Provost (International)||Dame Nicola Brewer|
|Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations||Mrs Lori Houlihan|
|Education & Campaigns Officer, UCL Union||Mr Lukmaan Kolia|
|Deans of Faculties (or nominees):|
|Arts and Humanities||Professor Philip Horne|
|Brain Sciences||Professor Alan Thompson|
|Built Environment||Professor Alan Penn|
|UCL Institute of Education||Professor Chris Husbands|
|Engineering Sciences||Professor Anthony Finkelstein|
|Laws||Professor Dame Hazel Genn|
|Life Sciences||Professor Geraint Rees|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||Professor Nick Brook|
Professor David Lomas
|Population Health Sciences||Professor Graham Hart|
|Social and Historical Sciences||
Professor Mary Fulbrook
Two Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council
- Ms Lindsay Nicholson (-)
- Baroness (Diana) Warwick (-)
Three Honorary Fellows of UCL, not otherwise eligible for membership, appointed by the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee
- Professor Uta Frith (4)
- Lord Hart of Chilton (4)
- Professor Sir Ian Kennedy (4)
Mr Gary Hawes
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council, the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee is charged by Council:
- In accordance with UCL Regulation for Management 9, to consider nominations for UCL Honorary Degrees and to submit to Council for approval recommendations for the conferment of these awards.
- In accordance with UCL Statute 14 and UCL Regulation for Management 9, to consider nominations of Honorary Fellows of UCL, and to submit to Council for approval recommendations of names for election to the UCL Honorary Fellowship.
- To determine, keep under review and advise Council as necessary on UCL’s procedures for i) the conferment of Honorary Degrees and ii) election of Honorary Fellows of UCL.
- To report to Council by submission to the Council officers of i) an annual report on the Committee's recommendations for conferment by UCL of Honorary Degrees and election to the UCL Honorary Fellowship and ii) the Minutes of each meeting of the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee.
Meeting Dates 2015-16
- Monday 9 November 2015, 11.30am
Minutes of meetings of the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.