Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- IoE Merger Information
- Academic Model Project
- Rees Investigation
- Chadwick Redirect
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2016-17
Where the name of a committee member is italicised, this indicates that that member is serving on the committee as a deputy or nominee of another member.
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2015-16 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|Chair of Council (Chair)||Dame DeAnne Julius|
|President and Provost||
Professor Michael Arthur
|Vice-Provost (International)||Dame Nicola Brewer|
||Mrs Lori Houlihan|
|Education & Campaigns Officer, UCL Union||
Ms Halima Begum
|Deans of Faculties (or nominees):|
|Arts and Humanities||Professor Philip Horne|
|Brain Sciences||Professor Alan Thompson|
|Built Environment||Professor Alan Penn|
|UCL Institute of Education||
Professor Norbert Pachler
Professor Nigel Titchener-Hooker
|Laws||Professor Dame Hazel Genn|
|Life Sciences||Professor Geraint Rees|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||
Professor Ivan Parkin
Professor Mark Emberton
|Population Health Sciences||Professor Graham Hart|
|Social and Historical Sciences||
Professor Mary Fulbrook
One external Member of Council, appointed by Council
- Ms Lindsay Nicholson (2)
Mr Nick McGhee
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council, the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee is charged by Council:
- In accordance with UCL Regulation for Management 8, to consider nominations for UCL Honorary Degrees and to submit to Council for approval recommendations for the conferment of these awards.
- In accordance with UCL Statute 14 and UCL Regulation for Management 8, to consider nominations of Honorary Fellows of UCL, and to submit to Council for approval recommendations of names for election to the UCL Honorary Fellowship.
- To determine, keep under review and make recommendations to Council as necessary for changes to UCL’s procedures for i) the conferment of Honorary Degrees and ii) election of Honorary Fellows of UCL.
- To report annually to Council on recommendations acceptances of proposed conferrals of UCL Honorary Degrees and election to Honorary Fellowships.
- To submit minutes of each of its meetings to Council.
Meeting Dates 2016-17
- Monday 7 November 2016, 2.00pm
Minutes of meetings of the Honorary Degrees and Fellowships Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.