Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Ethics Committee reports to Council
Ms Philippa Foster Back
Who to contact
Mr Jason Clarke
for agendas and minutes
020 7679 8594
Ms Harriet Lilley
for apologies for absence
020 7679 8593
Constitution and Membership for 2013-14
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2012-13 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for Observers.
The number in square brackets next to the name of a committee member who is identified as serving as the appointed or elected Chair of the committee indicates the number of consecutive years that member has served as Chair up to and including the 2012-13 session.
|Vice-Provost (Operations)||Mr Rex Knight|
|Vice-Provost (Research)||Professor David Price|
Director of Legal Services
||Ms Natasha Lewis|
|UCLU Ethics, Environment and Operations Officer||Mr Zayyan Butt|
Two Lay Members of Council, appointed by Council (one to be Chair)
- Ms Philippa Foster Back (Chair)  (1)
- Baroness (Diana) Warwick (1)
Two academic staff members of UCL, appointed by Council
- Professor Richard Moorhead (1)
- Professor Jo Wolff (1)
Mr Jason Clarke
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time be given by the Council, the Ethics Committee is charged by Council:
- To propose a Code of Ethics, and any subsequent modifications, to Council.
- To support promulgation and monitor implementation of the Code of Ethics across UCL.
- To review reports or other indicators which might give rise to ethical issues and recommend action where appropriate.
- To respond to any relevant national policy or legislative changes.
- To receive reports from the Research Governance Committee on any research ethics-related matters which may have wider implications for institutional-level policies or processes or which RGC considers should be brought to the attention of the Ethics Committee.
- To report to Council by submission to the Council officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Ethics Committee.
Meeting Dates 2013-14
- Wednesday 28 May 2014, 12.30pm
Minutes of meetings of the Ethics Committee are confidential to the Committee and are not available online.