Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- IoE Merger Information
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Estates Management Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2016-17
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member's name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2015-16 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
Where the name of a committee member appears in square brackets, this indicates that member’s second or subsequent appearance in the committee’s membership.
|President and Provost (Chair)||
Professor Michael Arthur
|Director of UCL Estates||Mr Andrew Grainger|
Director of Finance and Business Affairs
||Mr Phil Harding|
Dame Nicola Brewer
Dr Celia Caulcott
Mrs Lori Houlihan
Mr Rex Knight
Professor David Lomas
Professor David Price
Professor Anthony Smith
|Deans of Faculties:|
Arts and Humanities
Professor John Mullan
|Brain Sciences||Professor Alan Thompson|
Professor Alan Penn
|UCL Institute of Education||
Professor Becky Francis
|Engineering Sciences||Professor Nigel Titchener-Hooker|
|Laws||Professor Dame Hazel Genn|
|Life Sciences||Professor Geraint Rees|
|Mathematical and Physical Sciences||
Professor Ivan Parkin
Professor Mark Emberton
|Population Health Sciences||Professor Graham Hart|
|Social and Historical Sciences||Professor Mary Fulbrook|
Directors of Professional Services:
Director of Communications and Marketing
Mr Ivan Royle
Director of Human Resources
Mr Nigel Waugh
Director of Information Services
Dr Mike Cope
Director of Library Services
Dr Paul Ayris
Director of Planning
Mr Tom Rowson
Director of Public and Cultural Engagement
Mr Simon Cane
Ms Wendy Appleby
Three members appointed by the Estates Management Committee
- Three vacancies
|Secretary||Dr Marguerite Nolan|
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or particular direction that may from time to time be given by the Council, the Estates Management Committee is charged by Council:
- To ensure appropriate governance and management of estates issues across the entire academic and student accommodation estate, including asset management, capital projects, maintenance and repair, facilities management and energy and environmental issues relating to the estate.
- To provide oversight and institutional strategic alignment to the development and ongoing review of UCL Estates Strategy and sign off any amendments or new strategies prior to submission to Council for approval.
- To provide oversight and strategic support to the development and ongoing review of UCL Environmental Sustainability and Carbon Reduction Strategy and sign off any amendments or new strategies prior to submission to Council for approval.
- To monitor progress of Carbon Reduction against agreed targets.
- To consider and approve capital works programmes.
- To review business cases for all capital projects exceeding £2 million and provide advice and recommendations to Finance Committee
- To approve the principles for the allocation and use of space and resolve any conflicting priorities.
- To consider and approve proposals for the naming of UCL buildings.
- To report to Finance Committee by submission to the Finance Committee officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Estates Mangement Committee.
Meeting Dates 2016-17
- Wednesday 5 October 2016, 10.00am
- Wednesday 15 February 2017, 10.00am
- Wednesday 14 June 2017, 10.00am