Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- Academic Model Project
- Rees Investigation
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2016-17
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2015-16 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|Vice- Provost (Education and Student Affairs)||Professor Anthony Smith|
|Age Equality Champion||Professor Nick Tyler|
|Disability Equality Champion||Mr Rex Knight|
|Co-Chairs, Race Equality Steering Group||
Ms Marcia Jacks
Professor Ijeoma Uchegbu
|Co-Chairs, 50:50 Gender Group||
Professor Annette Dolphin
|Co-Chairs, LGBT Group||
Ms Fiona Addison
Mr Sandy Kutty
Co-Chairs, Staff Disability Forum
Ms Nicola Best
Professor Steve Perkins
|Director of Access and Admissions||Ms Bella Malins|
|Acting Director of Human Resources||Mr John Parr|
|Head of Equalities and Diversity||Ms Sarah Guise|
|Race, Religion and Belief Equality Champion||
To be notified
|Registrar (or nominee)||
Ms Wendy Appleby
Two members with relevant expertise, appointed annually
- To be confirmed
A Dean, nominated by the President and Provost (Chair)
- Professor Graham Hart (3)
Two UCLU Sabbatical Officers, nominated by UCLU
- Ms Sayeeda Ali
- Ms Sam Nicholson
|Secretary||Ms Rachel Port|
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or
particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council or Academic
Committee, the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee is charged by Council:
1. To monitor the implementation of UCL’s
Equalities and Diversity Strategy and associated action plan.
2. To commission and receive reports, policies and
procedures to ensure that equalities and diversity are integral to the
learning, working and social environment of UCL, and to approve or recommend
for approval by the appropriate UCL committees such policies and procedures.
3. To monitor equalities and diversity key
performance indicators in accordance with the annual reporting
requirements of the Public Sector Equality Duty.
4. To review key Equality Impact
Assessments and advise on mitigating actions to reduce inequalities at
5. To make recommendations to relevant
individuals, departments or faculties on action to be taken to address any
issues of underrepresentation at UCL.
6. To provide a forum for consultation and
discussion of issues raised by UCL’s Equality Groups.
7. To receive the Minutes of Working Groups etc
that are charged to report to the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
8. To submit to Council annually (or at such frequency as Council may direct) via Academic Committee a written report of recent activities and developments within the purview of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
9. To report to Academic Committee by submission to Academic Committee officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Meeting Dates 2016-17
Monday 21 November 2016, 3.30pm
- Tuesday 6 June 2017, 12 noon