Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Equalities and Diversity Committee
Constitution and Membership for 2013-14
Number in brackets to the right-hand side of a committee member’s name indicates length of continuous service in years, up to and including the 2012-13 session. Length of service is not indicated for ex officio and student members, or for observers.
|Vice- Provost (Education)||Professor Anthony Smith|
|Age Equality Champion||Professor Nick Tyler|
|Disability Equality Champion||Mr Rex Knight|
|Chair, Race Equality Group||Dr Cecil Thompson|
|Co-Chairs, 50:50 Gender Group||
Dr Rob De Bruin
Professor Annette Dolphin
|Co-Chairs, LGBT Group||
Ms Fiona Addison
Mr Max Hill
|Director of Access and Admissions||Ms Bella Malins|
|Director of Human Resources||Mr Nigel Waugh|
|Head of Equalities and Diversity||Ms Sarah Guise|
|Race, Religion and Belief Equality Champion||
Professor Anthony Finkelstein
|Registrar (or nominee)||Mr Tim Perry|
Two members with relevant expertise, appointed annually
- Dr Caroline Bressey (-)
- Dr Eva Sorensen (-)
A Dean, nominated by the President and Provost (Chair)
- Professor Graham Hart (-)
A UCLU Sabbatical Officer, nominated by UCLU
- Ms Katie Kokkinou
|Secretary||Ms Rachel Port|
Terms of Reference
Subject to any general or
particular direction that may from time to time be given by Council or Academic
Committee, the Equalities and Diversity Committee is charged by Council:
1. To monitor the implementation of UCL’s
Equalities and Diversity Strategy and associated action plan.
2. To commission and receive reports, policies and
procedures to ensure that equalities and diversity are integral to the
learning, working and social environment of UCL, and to approve or recommend
for approval by the appropriate UCL committees such policies and procedures.
3. To monitor equalities and diversity key
performance indicators in accordance with the annual reporting
requirements of the Public Sector Equality Duty.
4. To review key Equality Impact
Assessments and advise on mitigating actions to reduce inequalities at
5. To make recommendations to relevant
individuals, departments or faculties on action to be taken to address any
issues of underrepresentation at UCL.
6. To provide a forum for consultation and
discussion of issues raised by UCL’s Equality Groups.
7. To receive the Minutes of Working Groups etc
that are charged to report to the Equalities and Diversity Committee.
8. To submit to Council annually (or at such frequency as Council may direct) via Academic Committee a written report of recent activities and developments within the purview of the Equalities and Diversity Committee.
9. To report to Academic Committee by submission to Academic Committee officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Equalities and Diversity Committee.
Meeting Dates 2013-14
- Tuesday 18 February 2014, 2.00pm
- Tuesday 15 April 2014, 9.30am
- Monday 30 June 2014, 10.00am
Minutes will be made available here in due course