PhD Candidate in Political Science
- Name: Andy Tarrant
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Modern History BA (Hons), St John's College, Oxford; Licence Speciale en politique europeenne, Universite Libre de Bruxelles; Law Society Finals and Common Professional Examination in law, College of Law, London; LLM in European law, Queen Mary College London University; MPhil in European Politics, St John's College, Oxford.
Qualified into Competition and European law group, Herbert Smith Solicitors; European Policy Advisor and then Head of International Section, OFTEL; Competition and regulatory lawyer and the Senior competition and regulatory lawyer, BT Group; Director of Regulatory Affairs, ECTA; Head of Global Government and Regulatory Affairs, BT Global Services.
Football, music, politics, scuba diving
Provisional Thesis Title
- "Why does EU legislation sometimes empower independent national
regulatory authorities and sometimes empower agencies to undertake
market opening access regulation for the single market?"
- "L'attitude des syndicats britanniques, espagnols et italiens face a l'Europe" DT (44) 93, IEE, ULB. Co-author with Meggiolaro, F., and Rodriguez-Pose, A.
- "Significant market power and dominance in the regulation of telecommunications markets", European Competition Law Review, Vol. 21, Issue 7- July 2000.
- "Accounting separation; the hole in the heart of the EU telecommunications regime", European Competition Law Review ,Vol.24, Issue 7, July 2003.
- "Institutional choices for telecommunications regulation" in European Policy Forum (eds) "Joining-up Europe's Regulators", January 2008, European Policy Forum, 125 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5EA. ISBN no.978-1-903850-29-9.
- Book review of Mark Thatcher's book: "Internationalisation and Economic Institutions. Comparing European experiences." published in the European Union Law Journal, Vol.14, No.5., Sep 2008, pp686-688.