Research Assistant & PGTA
- Name: Alexander Katsaitis
- Position: Research Assistant & PGTA
- Room: 3.31, UCL European Institute, 16 Taviton Street, WC1H 0BW
- Tel: +44 (0) 20 7679 8737 (UCL: x28737)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander is an MPhil/ PhD candidate, Research Assistant and Post Graduate Teaching Assistant (PGTA) at the Department of Political Science. He holds a BA in Social Policy from Panteion University in Social and Political Sciences, and an MSc in Public Policy from UCL. Prior to joining UCL, Alex worked in consulting; focusing on the development and management of transnational regional/local EU funded projects, specializing in waste management and policy.
Alex’s research interests include informal politics and interest intermediation in the EU, the Court of Justice and its impact on policy, governance in the EMU and issues related to the democratic deficit. His doctoral research, under the supervision of Professor Coen and Dr. Reh examines the relationship between interest groups and political parties across multiple levels of governance. It aims to unveil the patterns of activity of interest groups in the EU with respect to political parties.
Selected Articles/ Conference Contributions
- “The Impact of the Court of Justice on EU Environmental Policy”. (September, 2011). Paper for conference organized by the University of Sheffield and the South-East European Research Centre.
- “Interest groups, Central Eastern European States and policy-making post the 2008 financial crisis: A comparative approach” (2011). Paper for conference organised by the National Research University - Higher School of Economics and the Research Centre for East European Studies (University of Bremen).
- “Europe & Sustainable Growth in the 21st Century” (2009). Policy Paper prepared by the European Youth Parliament for the Spanish Presidency.
- “EU Trade & Least Developed Countries” (2008). Policy Paper prepared by the European Youth Parliament for DG Trade.
- “Tzatziki, Sunny Days and the Non-Existent Greek State” (February, 2009). Magyar Narancs’, on the social unrest in Athens Dec. 2008 [Publication in Hungarian, For English Version]
- “Logistics of Waste Management”. (July, 2009). Logistics & Management. [Publication in Greek]
- “Green Logistics”. (June, 2009). Logistics & Management. [Publication in Greek]
For Bits and Opinions