UCL Spices and Medicine
a new interdisciplinary conference and seminar series
2013 Conference Proceedings to be Published in Journal of Ethnopharmacology
- Proceedings from the 24 May 2013 conference 'Spices and Medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future' will be published in a 2014 special issue of Journal of Ethnopharmacology. The special issue will combine the proceedings of the Spices and Medicines conference with those of a conference hosted by the UCL Wellcome Centre for the History of Medicine, 'Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine'.
- We are accepting manuscript submissions, with a first submission date of 1st Dec 2013.
- View the Call for Papers from the Journal of Ethnopharmacology
- Submit your manuscript to the Journal of Ethnopharmacology's Special Issue: Potent Substances
2013 Spices and Medicine Conference Report Now Available
- The summary report from our 24 May 2013 conference is now available for download. You can read or download the 24 May 2013 UCL Spices Conference Report here.
Who We Are:
- The 'Spices and Medicine' series is a new UCL initiative that aims to showcase interdisciplinary research relating the history of science in Europe and the 'Orient' to the present day and its relevance across different academic fields, and to foster collaborations within UCL and between institutions around the world.
- UCL School of Pharmacy Centre for Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy
- UCL SoP Biodiversity and Medicines Research Cluster
- UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity
- UCL Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine
Series Organisers: Marianne Jennifer Datiles and Professor Michael Heinrich, UCL SoP
For more information, email: email@example.com
Page last modified on 14 jan 14 20:27