Department of Spanish and Latin American Studies
- News and Events
- Research Seminars
Ms Clare Szembek
tel 020 7679 3109;
internal extension X33109;
Dr Humberto Núñez-Faraco
(Head of Department)
tel: 020 7679 4332;
internal extension X34332;
News & Forthcoming Events
- International Conference - The Future of Hispanism
- London World Film Festival 2013
- Translating 'Live' Poetry
- Gained in Translation
- Dr Deborah Martin will introduce El último verano de la boyita at ISA's 'Staging the Future: Argentine Films in Dialogue' Series
- Graduate student, Kathleen Sparks awarded grant
- Alcalá Galiano Lecture
- LECTURE: Benigno Trigo (Vanderbilt University), 6 June 2012 at 11am
- Vacancy in the department
- Dr Claire Lindsay awarded a Dorot Foundation Research Fellowship
- Professor Stephen Hart's Documentary Summer School in Cuba
- Dr Jo Evans will introduce Mexican film, Miss Bala, at the Cineschool festival 2012
- Vacancy in the department
- Dr Jo Evans will discuss Pan's Labyrinth at the European Institute Film Day
- César Vallejo conference. 16-17 March 2012
- Final year student, Roberta Radu's prize-winning article
- Dept of Spanish and Latin American Studies, UCL nominated for award
- Final year student Roberta Radu shortlisted in Guardian competition
- Award for Dr. Maria del Pilar Blanco
- Alcala Galiano Memorial Lecture
- Alumni Events
Documentary film-making in the City of God
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: 9-30 August 2010
Brazil Exclusive in 2010 - Documentary making in the City of God
9th - 30th August 2010 - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Documentary making in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. A truly unique opportunity to gain unparalleled filmmaking experience in an intensive 3 week documentary making course supported by Fernando Meirelles (CIty of God/The Constant Gardener) and University College London. Locations for filming include Ipanema, Copacabana, Lapa and exclusive access to film in the City of God.
This intensive 21-day course offers an intensive course covering pre-production, production and post production. With full teaching, educational and technical support each final documentary will then be screened at a London film festival www.fesitvalofmiovingimage.com attended by the likes of Ken Loach, Alfonso Cuaron and Vanessa Redgrave.
For more information you can speak to prof. Stephen Hart at the University College London (email@example.com) Spanish and Latin American department, and the course director Dorian Needs - firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can visit the website (www.riofilmschool.com) where you can find more information including a course breakdown and fees. Application forms will also be available to download from the website.
You can use the Self Access Centre (SAC) to learn a language from complete beginners level or to supplement your studies elsewhere. You can study in your own time to practise the skills you are learning as part of your course.
The Centre of Cesar Vallejo Studies has a specialised research library on the work of the renowned Peruvian poet, Cesar Vallejo (1892-1938) which UCL students may consult.
These web-sites contain a large number of articles on history, artists and different art forms.
El Centro Virtual Cervantes
Los 40 Principales Música Española / Latinoamericana