Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
News & Forthcoming Events
- Prof. Stephen Hart awarded the Order of Merit
- From the Golden Age to comedy gold
- El mayordomo de la duquesa de Amalfi
- Publication of Dr Zoltán Biedermann's book
- Graduate Student, Andre Graca's Article on Portuguese Cinema
- Valentino Gianuzzi PhD and Lectureship
- Prof Stephen Hart Elected Member of the Peruvian Academy of Language
- Publication of Chinese Translation of Prof Stephen Hart's Gabriel García Márquez Biography
- Publication of Spanish translation of Prof Stephen Hart's literary biography of César Vallejo
Documentary film-making in the City of God
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: 9-30 August 2010
Brazil Exclusive in 2010 - Documentary making in the City of God
9th - 30th August 2010 - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Documentary making in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. A truly unique opportunity to gain unparalleled filmmaking experience in an intensive 3 week documentary making course supported by Fernando Meirelles (CIty of God/The Constant Gardener) and University College London. Locations for filming include Ipanema, Copacabana, Lapa and exclusive access to film in the City of God.
This intensive 21-day course offers an intensive course covering pre-production, production and post production. With full teaching, educational and technical support each final documentary will then be screened at a London film festival www.fesitvalofmiovingimage.com attended by the likes of Ken Loach, Alfonso Cuaron and Vanessa Redgrave.
For more information you can speak to prof. Stephen Hart at the University College London (email@example.com) Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American department, and the course director Dorian Needs - firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can visit the website (www.riofilmschool.com) where you can find more information including a course breakdown and fees. Application forms will also be available to download from the website.
You can use the Self Access Centre (SAC) to learn a language from complete beginners level or to supplement your studies elsewhere. You can study in your own time to practise the skills you are learning as part of your course.
The Centre of Cesar Vallejo Studies has a specialised research library on the work of the renowned Peruvian poet, Cesar Vallejo (1892-1938) which UCL students may consult.
These web-sites contain a large number of articles on history, artists and different art forms.
El Centro Virtual Cervantes
Los 40 Principales Música Española / Latinoamericana