Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
News & Forthcoming Events
- Conference - Travel and Writing in the Global Renaissance
- Conference - Memories of Change
- Prof. Stephen Hart awarded the Order of Merit
- From the Golden Age to comedy gold
- El mayordomo de la duquesa de Amalfi
- Publication of Dr Zoltán Biedermann's book
- Graduate Student, Andre Graca's Article on Portuguese Cinema
- Valentino Gianuzzi PhD and Lectureship
- Prof Stephen Hart Elected Member of the Peruvian Academy of Language
María Darnley retired in 2008. She worked as Teaching Fellow at the Spanish Department and taught Spanish grammar and syntax, textual analysis and translation from English into Spanish to undergraduates of all levels.
María is a qualified translator and teacher of Spanish as a Modern Language. Currently she is translating a work of literary criticism "Psyche and Symbol in the Theater of F. García Lorca" by Rupert C. Allen.
Her research interests lie in the study of linguistic processes in the transfer of concepts from one language to another. Until recently she has been head of Spanish at Kingsway College in addition to her work as a teacher at UCL.