Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
News & Forthcoming Events
- Q+A with filmmaker Marc Silver
- Student Choice Teaching Award - nominees
- PhD Vivas
- Publication of Dr Guillermo Laín's monograph
- BBC News Magazine - Vicky Pryce and Miguel de Cervantes
- International Conference - The Future of Hispanism
- London World Film Festival 2013
- Translating 'Live' Poetry
- Gained in Translation
- Dr Deborah Martin will introduce El último verano de la boyita at ISA's 'Staging the Future: Argentine Films in Dialogue' Series
Dr Constanza Ceresa
Constanza Ceresa (MA, PhD) is Teaching Fellow in Spanish and Latin American Studies.
Her research interests are the relation between poetics and politics in Contemporary Latin American poetry and cinema, particularly in Chile and Argentina, critical theory and gender studies. Among her publications, her article ‘De lo real en el cine y la poesía argentina de los 90s’ is included in Resistance and Emancipation: Cultural and Poetic Practices (Peter Lang, 2011) and ‘Las cartografías poéticas de Néstor Perlongher y Enrique Lihn’ will appear in the forthcoming edited volumen Poesía y diversidades. Lecturas críticas en el Bicentenario (Lom, 2012).
Before joining UCL, Constanza was Teaching Fellowship in Latin American Cultural Studies at the University of Bath.