Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
News & Forthcoming Events
- Conference - Travel and Writing in the Global Renaissance
- Conference - Memories of Change
- Prof. Stephen Hart awarded the Order of Merit
- From the Golden Age to comedy gold
- El mayordomo de la duquesa de Amalfi
- Publication of Dr Zoltán Biedermann's book
- Graduate Student, Andre Graca's Article on Portuguese Cinema
- Valentino Gianuzzi PhD and Lectureship
- Prof Stephen Hart Elected Member of the Peruvian Academy of Language
Research Seminar Series, 2012-2013
- Dr Deborah Martin (UCL) - 28th November - 'Lucrecia Martel's Politics of Perception'
- Gonzalo Ceron Garcia (University of Kent) - 5th December - The ‘Urban Mapuche’: A Question of Authenticity
- Dr Anindya Raychaudhuri (St. Andrews) - 12th December (in FC314) - 'The Phantom Limb: Lameness and Disability in Spanish Civil War Narratives'.
- Prof Evelyn Fishburn (UCL) - 23rd January - A Kind of Private Joke? A Study of Allusion in Borges's Fiction
- Prof Kevin Middlebrook (Institute of the Americas, UCL) - 30th January
- Niall Binns (Universidad Compultense Madrid) - 6th February
Click here for more information about the seminar series.
*All seminars will take place in Foster Court 307 at 16.00 unless otherwise stated. Receptions follow each seminar.