Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
News & Forthcoming Events
- Q+A with filmmaker Marc Silver
- Student Choice Teaching Award - nominees
- PhD Vivas
- Publication of Dr Guillermo Laín's monograph
- BBC News Magazine - Vicky Pryce and Miguel de Cervantes
- International Conference - The Future of Hispanism
- London World Film Festival 2013
- Translating 'Live' Poetry
- Gained in Translation
- Dr Deborah Martin will introduce El último verano de la boyita at ISA's 'Staging the Future: Argentine Films in Dialogue' Series
MA Language, Culture, History: Hispanic Studies
The MA Language, Culture, History: Hispanic Studies at UCL offers a wide-ranging and flexible course for graduates (both of Spanish/Latin American Studies and related subjects) who wish to develop their interest in the cultures of the Hispanic world at an advanced level.
The programme will be of interest both to those who wish to enhance their knowledge of the Hispanic world for professional purposes – in the fields of education, culture, media and tourism, for example - as well as students who are considering pursuing their studies to doctoral level. As such, the MA offers not only a broad range of course options in Hispanic cultures from the early modern period to the present day, but also relevant training in research skills and methodologies.
As a pathway of the MA Language, Culture and History in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, the programme also offers the opportunity for students to combine their interests in Hispanic Studies with other areas/subjects taught in the Faculty through taking a course option from Gender Studies, Translation Studies, and Comparative Literature.