Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
News & Forthcoming Events
- Conference - Travel and Writing in the Global Renaissance
- Conference - Memories of Change
- Prof. Stephen Hart awarded the Order of Merit
- From the Golden Age to comedy gold
- El mayordomo de la duquesa de Amalfi
- Publication of Dr Zoltán Biedermann's book
- Graduate Student, Andre Graca's Article on Portuguese Cinema
- Valentino Gianuzzi PhD and Lectureship
- Prof Stephen Hart Elected Member of the Peruvian Academy of Language
MA Language, Culture, History: Hispanic Studies
The MA Language, Culture, History: Hispanic Studies at UCL offers a wide-ranging and flexible course for graduates (both of Spanish/Latin American Studies and related subjects) who wish to develop their interest in the cultures of the Hispanic world at an advanced level.
The programme will be of interest both to those who wish to enhance their knowledge of the Hispanic world for professional purposes – in the fields of education, culture, media and tourism, for example - as well as students who are considering pursuing their studies to doctoral level. As such, the MA offers not only a broad range of course options in Hispanic cultures from the early modern period to the present day, but also relevant training in research skills and methodologies.
As a pathway of the MA Language, Culture and History in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, the programme also offers the opportunity for students to combine their interests in Hispanic Studies with other areas/subjects taught in the Faculty through taking a course option from Gender Studies, Translation Studies, and Comparative Literature.